Mysterious water leak

stangman11

Feb 27, 2006
New Jersey
Ok needless to say when I bought my 87 GT this year it had been very neglected. One of the issues I discovered after I bought it was that the top of the front windshield leaked right inside the car and after a good rain pretty much fill up the ash tray with water. I had the front windshield resealed and ran it through a car wash while in the car to make sure the leak was gone and it was nothing from the windshield. So the car has sat for a few weeks and its rained for the past few days I got in it today and only the driver side seat on the side of the center console is still getting wet but everything else in the car is dry. Does anyone else know of any common place water may leak from? The car has no T tops or sunroof just a standard hatch car.

• Sponsors (?)

Did they actually remove the windshield when they resealed it or did they just squeeze a bunch of silicon around it? I think the windshield needs to be pulled and redone correctly. It could also be rotted away underneath.

Unfortunately, it sounds like he didn't get it all. I'd call him back out and have it redone again, unfortunately. Inspect it yourself when the windshield is out, take pictures and note the amount of corrosion.