n00b here, looking to get a 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

The guy won't budge below $4k, do you guys think this is a good deal?

Mileage is a little high on that one, but just because he says he wont budge doesnt mean he wont budge. Walk over there with 3.5k in hand and see what he does. lol, even if he says no he might call back in a couple weeks when its not sold. Also, if you see one that you think is a good deal, call immediately and go see it... cuz if its a good deal, it'll be gone within a day or 2 so dont ask here if its awesome. You need a list of priorities so you can decide if the car's worth it or not more quickly. BTW, took me almost 7 months to find my car, so dont be discouraged.

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking at the red one tonite, what should I look for, and ask? This guy is a Mustang guy (he has 3 others for sale) so he knows his stuff, that's why I'm afraid he won't accept $3.5k

-Matt

Yeah it took me a year and a half to find my beauty! Bone stock 91 Lx hatch red 5.0 5 speed. I dont know man, it seems to me like you want a fox so bad that you'll take any year, any color, any tranny, any body style, just as long as its a 5.0. In my opinion, yes thats a nice stock car. Although its got high mileage, and its got the red interior, But if that doesnt bother you then go for it. But high mileage means problems. Rear main seal goes, tranny leaks, power steering quits, all that stuff is on the edge of shutting down and then you spend alot of money fixing things. I think you should give your self some standards, because they seem pretty low... :shrug: Pick what 3 colors you'd like, what body style, what tranny, what color interior, If you buy just any fox, in a year you'll be like damn, i wish i wouldn't of just waited and got the one i really wanted. Your spending all that money you misewell find the one you want. ya know? Just my .02

But yes if you go for that car, Jew that bastard down as far as you can. I got my guy to sell me my 91 mint condition fox 2 grand cheaper then he was asking. But my dads a car dealer so that always helps haha. Just remind him how old the car is and how its not worth very much, not many people want them. That worked on the guy that owned my fox. And if you get that '86 fox, take out the tach, and swap the rims for ponys and she will look 100 times better! :D

Money talks, lay dow what YOU want top spend on the hood of the car......if he wont take it give him your phone number and walk away. He might negotiate or call you back when he wants it gone and needs some cash.