N2O question on the 3.8L

DJsZincGT

Founding Member
Aug 29, 2002
WV
Hey guys...my fiancee has a 98 V6 and she is interested in doing some performance mods to the car. I have never done any research on performance mods for the car. I am planning on the usual things...exhaust, pullies, etc., but I'm interested in putting a shot of N2O on the car. For those of you who are running it...what hp shot are you running and is it a wet or dry kit? I've considered getting her a GT, but as of right now we are looking into buying a house and I don't want to go out and buy another Mustang (that would make 3) while we are trying to buy a home, so I want to mod the one she has. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

50 to 75 shot is safe from what I hear anything after and your playing with fire. although there are some running more than that (150shot) and no trouble yet, but to be on the safe side keep it max 75. That is with a dry shot. Higher than 75 with a wet shot is probably ok.

I don't have nitrous and don't want it, but from what I have read on these boards that is what I get out of them when I have read about nitrous.

Just make sure you have enough fuel to not go to lean, and have a good tune/chip.