NA power for you Paul!

Redsnk95

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2002
Houston, TX
Here is the new set-up nearing completion. Please excuse how filthy it is, I will take care of that soon. Still have a few more wires to run but its getting there. The pics are very big so here are the links, click on the lower right hand corner of the picture to make it bigger.

43912.jpg

43913.jpg

43915.jpg

Will have pics of the outside once the hood is painted and the Bogarts are mounted. Enjoy.

Troy

• Sponsors (?)

No I'm not familiar with group but then again I haven't been out on the streets in a long long time. FYI no horsepower increase with filter in the fender especially with the extra bends in the intake piping associated with putting the filter in the fender.

Troy

We've done some testing and the straight shot short pipes are making more power. To put the filter in the fender your going to have at least a bend or two.

But its all ok, nitrous will cool that air charge down :).

Redsnk95 said:
We've done some testing and the straight shot short pipes are making more power. To put the filter in the fender your going to have at least a bend or two.

But its all ok, nitrous will cool that air charge down :).

Well I can't argue with numbers. I might take that into consideration since I'll be making my CAI kit in a day or two. :nice:

What motor are you building? It looks like a monster and on top of that, you're adding NOS.:hail2:

Pipe is 4" diameter same that is on my car. The pipe on my car is only 6" long. The longer the pipe and more bends the less power we made. This was on a foxbody car that was making 300rwhp. The filter I have is open on the tip so if you wanted you could run some soft tubing from the foglight opening to the tip of the filter for a ram air effect as well.

This motor well no telling what it will make hp/tq wise b/c it has a C4 and a pretty loose converter in it which will skew the numbers. I on the other hand could care less about the power it makes as long as it runs the number at the track. Not very much nitrous will be using since the car is only legal to 10.00. So nothing more than a 175hp shot will be used.

Troy

yellow1995Cobra said:
I had the trickflow box on the 418 in my 95, and damn that thing stood tall! I would have needed a 4-5 inch cowl to clear it. But the intake works great, and looks so mean.

You're gonna make me ask for you to post pictures again....I forever love that car....

What are the specs on the motor?
I actually do have a project going, its called the, work 7days a week, at the job, on the house, watch/play w/ baby, and try to find a little time to tinker w/ the Cobra, and somehow manage to get a few hours sleep project! LOL!:D