name that part 1,844,968

jgfiveoh

May 8, 2006
Topeka, KS
dumb question, i know.

what is the little switch or harness under the drivers side seat for. i know its not the lumbar power lead. its got a little box or something that is mounted on a bracket that is bolted to the floor pan.

is it the seatbelt warning switch?

sorry no pic for u guys

• Sponsors (?)

i wouldn't have thought that, but thank you.

on a side note, can u tell me where the seat belt warning switch is? does it just operate the seat belt light in the cluster or is there a buzzer/chime built in?

also where is the door/headlights left on/key left in ignition buzzer or chime?

jgfiveoh said:
i wouldn't have thought that, but thank you.

on a side note, can u tell me where the seat belt warning switch is? does it just operate the seat belt light in the cluster or is there a buzzer/chime built in?

also where is the door/headlights left on/key left in ignition buzzer or chime?

It operates the light and the chime from what I found. There is a little wire/harness that runs to the bottom of teh seatbelt receiver. When I replaced the carpet I found it. Its a little black 2 or so wire connector.

ok, thanks the help. i'm trying to get some of this little stuff that doesn't work on my car fixed, like the seatbelt light/buzzer. hell, the keys in ignition/headlights left on buzzer doesn't work either.

some stuffs been like that since i got it. nice car, but its time i slow down with the mods and fix some of this stuff that's just plain nice to have work right. (aka maplight:bang: )

i'm trying to get some of this little stuff that doesn't work on my car fixed, like the seatbelt light/buzzer. hell, the keys in ignition/headlights left on buzzer doesn't work either.

It's all in the same box, just different circuits to that box.

Example for a 92:

92chimest9.jpg

Attachments

• 92chimest9.jpg
    92chimest9.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 32
aha!! i found it! i found the damn chime thing. turns out it was just unplugged. everything works as normal.

i guess it might be a little obnoxious but i figure i'll run with it for a while and see if i like it.

i could always unplug it again, lol:shrug: