Progress Thread Nasty Ninety Notch

• Sponsors (?)

Somebody did their research. I forgot I even wrote that. I was going with that color until about 3 weeks prior to the body shop.

I'm going with the 69 Boss 302 Grabber Blue color code J in 1969-1971 (not light grabber blue color code 3N), also known as 1971-1979 color code 3F, and also known as color code CI in 2010 onward. There is a bit of a risk with the color as I have never had it on a foxbody before. However, I do know that the color needs 1 or 2 of 3 accenting colors to work: black, chrome, and white. Concerning the white as an accent; it can be the only accenting color or it doesn't work. Concerning the chrome; it must also be with black for the full effect. Concerning black; it can be the only accenting color or be mixed with chrome for a pop effect.

In this combo I have (and you will see): black rims with a polished lip & center (black & chrome), the molding around the car will be all black, handles will be black, side mirrors will be black, and like the 69 Boss there will be a satin black hood design with a 1/8" pinstripe forming its border. For more chrome touches there will be the "5.0" badges and exhaust pipes.

This is a bit of a scary decision for me as it is a difficult color to pull off on a fox. Yet, I'm thinking that the key with this car and especially this color is to not make it one color. The blue is simply too overpowering without accenting colors. I'm hoping the risk pays off.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sorry if I came of as an ass. I'm just not a big fan of the light grabber blue color on foxes. But that's just me. The way you describe the build plan I do think it will look better than I initially thought. I just like a darker shade personally. And sometimes I find that my first impression is wrong with these things once I see them completed. And hell who am I? If you like it that's all that matters. I'm sure there will be more positive feedback than negative anyway. Can't please everyone lol. Good luck and make sure to keep posting pics. I'm actually really curious to see the end results.

I'm sorry if I came of as an ass. I'm just not a big fan of the light grabber blue color on foxes. But that's just me. The way you describe the build plan I do think it will look better than I initially thought. I just like a darker shade personally. And sometimes I find that my first impression is wrong with these things once I see them completed. And hell who am I? If you like it that's all that matters. I'm sure there will be more positive feedback than negative anyway. Can't please everyone lol. Good luck and make sure to keep posting pics. I'm actually really curious to see the end results.
No worries 5liter. I wasn't thinking you were rude at all. There is a risk here. I like the color, I like the car, I just don't like it as a solid color on the fox. I'm thinking that the accents I described will make the difference.

You & I are both curious to see the results. Only, you won't be paying for them. =p

Reactions: 1 users
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here's a couple i found on the webz..

Last one since they arent my pics

IMAG0133_zpsdo102xmj.jpg
There is a lot of work done to this car: an 82-83 body, 4.6 engine, SN95 interior, and a late 60s paint job! I like all he's done.

However, I'm trying to keep my restomod more confined. I'd like it to be as if Ford continued the color into the aero-fox years. I'm hoping it will look like a natural extension of the 69 Boss concept. Basically, looking at the power plant it will look stock (we painted it that way), the interior will look stock but new, then there's the paint job.

Anyhow, thanks for the great pics!