nba bans bling bling

Philadelphia's Allen Iverson also was critical of the new rule, which the NBA made teams aware of in a memo Monday.

"I feel like if they want us to dress a certain way, they should pay for our clothes," he said. "It's just tough, man, knowing that all of a sudden you have to have a dress code out of nowhere. I don't think that's still going to help the image of the league at all.

i really like the part that he thinks the nba should pay for the clothes. maybe if he cant afford the clothes he should sell one of his exotic sports car and 2 of his summer homes.

• Sponsors (?)

All of those idiots maintain that the NBA is a business and they ask for more money all of the time, well... If it is a business then dress accordingly.

Yeah I'm with 1105, I hate any sport where the players get paid more than me, it pisses me off. Then they bitch about not getting enough money becuase they don't have enough Bentlys to fill their 50 car garage yet. Hard work for them is having to practice a few hours a day then sleeping in their limo on the way home to the wife they probably cheated on.

Yea im not a fan of any "real" sport. Ill watch racing (except nascar, anyone can go in an oval, sorry), especially rally racing. I like "extreme" sports too, hate to call them that, but thats what the public wants to call them. I used to bike/dirtbike alot it was alot of fun.

Ahhh...I like your opinion of Nascar. So you think anyone can go in an oval,huh?? I beg to differ....If you never have, then please do not be so negative on the sport. It is ALOT harder then you think, and if you drag race??...you cannot even compare. ANYONE can go in a straight line for 1/4 mile, but oval track racing is ALOT harder and more challenging then you might expect...and more rewarding in the end!

I just dont like whole scene of nascar. They make sure all the cars are equal to eachother. I just dont find the fun in that. I like rally, drag, and pretty much any kind of racing except nascar and oval track racing. Im not saying anyone could race nascar, but i just dont see the fun in it, they are going in a circle for hours with essentially the same car with different setups. Compare this to rally, where their going down narrow roads through towns and into forrests while doing atleast 100. They can fall off cliffs, into canyons and crash into trees. Im sorry i just dont get nascar.

Do you race nascar?? If not, then how would you know if its hard? in nascar, you atleast have a margin of error. When drag racing, especially in a stick car, you cant really make a single mistake. A missed shift, bad launch or other mistake could end your day real quick.

Everyone can like what they want, thats fine. I just dont see why americas favorite type of racing is nascar. Were also just about the only country on the planet to really get into it.

There is just something about drinking a cold beer and watching cars go is circles that relaxes us Americans. Don't have to thing, keep score, know stats, just round and round, and the occasional super excitement of a crash. :D

Allen Iverson is a gangsta...He is like the bad boy of the NBA...watch him play though...he is teh $hi!. IMHO they are all overpaid...if you want to watch real basketball watch NCAA ball...thats where it is at...I would watch any college sport over a professional sport anyday...oh yeah, I hate Jeff Gordon!

DarkProphet said:
I just dont like whole scene of nascar. They make sure all the cars are equal to eachother. I just dont find the fun in that. I like rally, drag, and pretty much any kind of racing except nascar and oval track racing. Im not saying anyone could race nascar, but i just dont see the fun in it, they are going in a circle for hours with essentially the same car with different setups. Compare this to rally, where their going down narrow roads through towns and into forrests while doing atleast 100. They can fall off cliffs, into canyons and crash into trees. Im sorry i just dont get nascar.

Do you race nascar?? If not, then how would you know if its hard? in nascar, you atleast have a margin of error. When drag racing, especially in a stick car, you cant really make a single mistake. A missed shift, bad launch or other mistake could end your day real quick.

Everyone can like what they want, thats fine. I just dont see why americas favorite type of racing is nascar. Were also just about the only country on the planet to really get into it.

I've done oval track racing. I've done drag racing. Oval track racing is so much harder its not even comparable. You wanna talk margin of error? Take 50 cars, have them all drive 150 mph, be 2-6 inches apart from each other, and jostling each other for position for several hours. YOu know what happens if you 'bump' another car doing 150? The 1320 is about reaction and instinct... oval and circle track racing is about all those things plus an intense focus and strategy with your teamates.

And for you to say that all the cars are the same just indicates to me that you haven't really looked into the mechanics of the sport. There is so much involved with setting up a car for the track that most people don't realize. I don't pretend to understand a tenth of it. As for rally racing, well there's basically no money in it so its never on TV, which is probably the only reason its not as popular.

adam

man, these nba guys are full of $hit. the amount of money they are paid is completely ridiculous--how the *** is a basketball player gonna make more money than, say, a brain surgeon?!?! bitching about how the nba should buy them their clothes!? wtf!!!!! g0d damnet, that pisses me off...

oh yeah, ALOT is TWO words---> A LOT
didn't you guys learn that **** in grade school?

People complain about them making so much money, well the NBA takes in a lot of cash. Why shouldn't the people responsible for owners making so much money get their share of it? Would you rather have the owner keep all the profits?

All other sports are the way. I'm more of a college b-ball fan though....nothin' better than Duke and Carolina basketball!

NASCAR is a driver's sport, I'd rather watch WNBA and I even hate basketball. Only good sports to watch are:

1: Wolds strongest man competitions
2: Eating competitions
3: Road racing
4: Mud bogging
5: ice skating . . . oops did I say that?

Would you rather have the owner keep all the profits?
Yes