NEBOC BEACH CRUISE EVENT 5/22 (Saturday)

dark_cobra_01

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2002
RI BEACHES
THIS WAS 2004'S CRUISE

SEE NEW POST FOR 2005 CRUISE

THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO EVERYONE INCLUDING NON-MEMBERS

---------------------------------
Date: 5/22/04
Time: 10:00am
Starting Place: A&W Smithfield RI
Destination: RI Beaches/Newport Mansions

Trip Details:
We will first meet at the A&W and leave by 10:00am heading south.

We plan to start the cruise by hitting the Southern RI beach area then stop for lunch at the famous Aunt Carries restaurant near Point Judith.

Then it's off to the Newport area for such places as Ocean Drive, Fort Adams and the mansion area.

We will end the trip in Bristol RI at COLT's State Park which is a beautiful grass area park known for it's car drive on the water which attracts lots of car lovers of all types.

--------------------------------

Notes/Rules:

--> This will be a full day event, but if you wish to only do a portion of the trip you're still welcome to attend.

--> Everyone is to drive within the usual laws of the road (Clowns stay home)

--> No high speed, burnout's etc.. etc..

--> Enjoy the ride.

-Joe

NEBOC Member
Cruise Event Director

• Sponsors (?)

We plan to cruise by the mansions since it's on the end of Ocean Drive.. We could stop somewhere near there to stretch our legs and maybe walk a bit on the cliff walk from 1st beach ?? I wasn't planning a tour of the mansions on this event .. (maybe we could plan that as a future event)

FYI: Ocean Drive is a scenic road in Newport running along the open water and passing by some big money properties, It has the Bretton Reef area to one side, which creates some nice landscapes as well. the road also has some nice twistys in it... :nice:

--------------

Some Resources:

http://www.riparks.com/fortadams.htm
http://www.riparks.com/colt.htm
http://www.riparks.com/beaverta.htm
http://www.riparks.com/BRENTON.HTM

Aunt Carries (A RI tradition)

http://www.riroads.com/archive/pointjudithdining.htm

hey all, even though the cruise will end in my neighboring town, i think i might be up for this. All i can say is its about time someone got somethin together to get some cars to colt park because the large grass area's have ricers there during the summer and it gets me mad knowing there are soo many nice stangs in this area and these doofaces are having a NIRA circuit meet at the park lol Matt maybe this can be the first time we meet after a couple years of online talk lol. Later

Matt Rise said:
DAMIT!!!! It's on the 22nd, same weekend as Fun Ford at Englishtown!!!! :bang: :fuss: :doh: :scratch:

Matt, You're just have to say NO to a FUN FORD, Mr VP.. "Although I doubt you can do that".. :D

----------------

OK everyone , I'm glad I've stirred up some attention about this event beyond that NEBOC group "like I thought it would do". I know lots of RI people have been lookin for a cruise through the area of Newport/Bristol and such for about 2 years now and this is the one that's gonna be it so let's get a heavy turnout to show our Stang Pride !!

I also just wanna let everyone know that I'm preparing the maps and such and plan to have more to post soon involving the route.. This way we can get some timing down that will allow us to say where we "should" be at certain times of the day during this event.

-Joe

DC

Hey DC...is there going to be general "meeting points" for people like myself who live on the north shore? Like meeting at the Woburn Mall and traveling from there to the next "meeting spot" or are we going to just meet at A&W and all leave from there? If so could you just give the route #'s and exit #'s to get to A&W. I suggest the Woburn Mall because you have 95/128, 93, 3 and 495 all within 10 miles of eachother which makes it easy for everyone to hook up and then jump onto 95 South (direct to Rhode Island) just across the street from mall parkinglot. If the Mall is not good, just let me know where the next meeting spot closest to me is so I'll have some Stangs to cruise with.
-Davidius Maximus

I would say that the North Shore guys should meet up in typical fashion at Woburn Mall then head over to the A&W .. We'll wait for that usual Stang train of yours to appear.

:D

To meet at A&W take 95 south out of Boston to 295 south near the RI Border.

The A&W is located on 295 South at exit 7 (Route 44 West) it's on the left hand side after 5 lights and a BK . (Bottom of the hill)

Attachments

• A&W-rt44-greenville-RI.gif
    A&W-rt44-greenville-RI.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 72
14secSleeper said:
I wouldnt mind taking a cruise around bristol at all. That park kicks too!! would be a nice spot for some lunch.... :banana:

Take the whole cruise with us .. you won't be disappointed..

If ya want to do less miles, just meet us down at Point Judith instead of drivin all the way to Greenville/N. Smithfield ..

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone, wherever they might meet up with us in RI.. :nice:

-DC