Need 2.3T Exaust Manifold

MustangPatty

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
Sallisaw OK
Waddup people, Been a while since i made a post here, been busy moveing to Oklahoma, and I gotta say, to you people that have lived out here for a while, DAMM ITS COLD RIGHT NOW.....Ok mabey not to you but for a guy born and raised in So. Cali. it feels like Sibera to me...LOL

Anyways, I was doing the dreaded Heater core replacement yesterday, and finished it up this morning with some new heater hoses, while i had the Intercooler off my '84 SVO, I noticed a nice 'bout 1.5" long crack in the exaust manifold, between the #2 and #3 cylinders. I've been looking most of the day trying to find an E6 manifold, and found one on EvilBay, got a Buy it now price of $55 with $15 shipping, so $70 total, is this a good price for a used one??? I E-Mailed the guy and he says it has no cracks, and the pics look good, dosent seem overly rusted. If not, anybody got one that they'd be willing to sell at a good price....

:SNSign: RULES!!!!:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Well, here's the deal...I have two of them I would be willing to sell cheap, but there's a reason for that.

First one- is one that I ported, but about halfway through doing it I found out it had a couple cracks in it (one was basically right in the middle of the outside face of the log below the #2 runner, the others were in the webbing between a couple of the runners, but I doubt they would affect much). I went ahead and finished it anyway and considered it practice. However, it's missing the studs(I don't have them, the guy I bought it from didn't send them with the manifold) and also after finishing it I found out you're not supposed to smooth off the "bumps" inside the runners, which I did. So the material is a little thin there. :shrug:

Second one, no cracks, good shape overall, but the turbo mounting surface needs to be milled because it's not completely flat.

Like I said, either one...I'd probably sell you for maybe $15, plus whatever shipping would happen to be.

I have one with no cracks and all the studs are in it, it has (88k) on it. I'll sell you mine for $45 and you cover whatever the shipping is. I live in Pennsylvania.

Red_LX said:
Second one, no cracks, good shape overall, but the turbo mounting surface needs to be milled because it's not completely flat.

Like I said, either one...I'd probably sell you for maybe $15, plus whatever shipping would happen to be.

How bad is the surface on that second one??? I may be intrested in it, gonna call some machine shops in my area tomarrow and see what they'd charge me to re-surface the Turbo Mount. Also if you could figure the shipping to 74955 would be great. Also does that one have all the turbo mounting studs??

The bottom of the flange is the reason it needs milled. It's got a dip in the middle, looks to be about 1-1.5 mm. This one has the studs in it, looks like they juse need the threads gone over with a die and they should be alright.

I'd say just figure $15 for the shipping (that also helps cover the 3% paypal charges me for incoming payments), this thing weighs enough it will probably cost at least $10. That's around what I paid last time I shipped a manifold.

Oh yeah, the reason I'm selling this one so cheap- when I took my exhaust elbow to the local machine shop to have the one face on it milled, they charged me like $40 to do it. Ouch. Hopefully it won't cost you that much.

t3-svo said:
I got my tubulat header header from Huron Alloys out of Canada. It is pretty sweet. It was $485. A little pricy, but man it works awesome!

LOL, My Dad mentiond a header for it, Problem is that i aint got the money for somethinl ike that, crapola sweet as it would be:flag:

Aight Red, I'm gonna see what its gonna cost to have it milled, The dip dosent sound all that bad, shouldnt cost too much, I hope....LOL I'll let ya know.