Need a confirmation to buy the right parts... 56K Warning

the solution with the lens with the outer amber segment is very good. I think that will be no problem with the police etc. Man, the sequential kit is awesome, wish i could put these on my car. But unfortunatlely i believe that will cause some problems with the police or the technican institut. :nonono:

First package of my ordered parts arrived yesterday, hope the another one will come next week. Looking forward to the build up. As Rusty suggested there is the need to use some syntetic brake grease on the sliding surfaces. I will make a pic from the instruction sheet which is applied with the calipers and put it in here.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for asking. I was about to write the expierence today...

I rebuild the brakes on both sides this weekend. Changed the bearings, calipers, hoses and sheeted new brake pads on.
After the rebuild i went on a little test drive to break in the new system and YES! it worked. Now i can step on the brake with my hands off from the steering wheel and the car goes straight forward.
Akward was i always had a very stiff brake pedal, now when i step on the pedal it goes a 1/3 way in and then the brakes get a really good grip. Just like a newer car. First i thought there is some rest of air in the brake line. So just to be sure i bleeded it again. Brought no change, so i think this is good and even when i push the brakes hardly the behavior is not changing. This is a big improve and the brake power is easier to dose.

2 things happend which maked me :mad:

1) extra tooked my cam to the garage and made a lot of pics from the install to put them in this thread for the later "same or similar" problem searchers. At home i wanted to load the pics on my laptop and.... :mad::nonono::mad: cam must have some kind of damage. Cannot open one pic i made. Even tried a repair programm, unfortunitly it doesnt worked.

2) After i tooked of the brake disc and the caliper there was more room to check the upper balljoint and damm! it has some tiny play. So i will have to change that to. --> shipment cost are twice then the part itself. :ack:

I will write some more about it when i have more time, but now work is calling :p

greetings Mario

good eye, pyroman!
You`re right, it is a Jaguar E-Type Serie I Roadster with a 6cyl 3,8 Liter Engine. Great car, it belongs to my father. Little story to it: When my father was younger his hobby was restoring cars. This was his first restoring car and he sold it in 1979. In the year 2002 he meet with pure coincindence the previous buyer and asked him if he knows where the car is today. Now the fabolus story beginns: He stills owns the car but he didnt drive it for 22 Years!!! He buyed the car and then he leaved the country for 20 years (put the car in a garage) and now he is back and didnt feel to get the car going again. So my father buyed the car back and it runs without bigger problems. We changed some parts but didnt touched the paint etc. Now he drives it on the oldtimer rallyes around in our area and is happy! :D

Some pics:
jag1
jag2
jag3

2) After i tooked of the brake disc and the caliper there was more room to check the upper balljoint and damm! it has some tiny play. So i will have to change that to. --> shipment cost are twice then the part itself. :ack:

greetings Mario

Mario,

Kontakt John, Opentracker auf dieses Forum. Er wird Ihnen einen guten Preis am oberen Kugelgelenke und Versandkosten. Sagen Sie ihm latamud.

Bart

Hello Bart,

thanks for the info, i will contact opentracker in the next 1-2 day`s. :nice:
Little off topic, but how come the german answer? I`m curious about it :D

Mario,

I am a linguist (Chinese Mandarin) and I noticed you were from Austria and new to the website. I just wanted to make you feel at home here on Stangnet, welcome. Growing up in a military family we moved around a lot, every three years. Something I always tried to do was pick up the local language wherever we were living at the time. After living in Japan, I always wanted to go back and bring a classic Mustang with me. I haven't been to Europe yet and I do not know any German but this helps:
Language Tools.

CHEERS,

Bart

Boah, sounds like a hard time moving every three years around. Thanks for your effort, its very kind of you.
Btw, i ordered the balljoints for the upper control arms via rockauto. A buddy of mine was going to order either way someting on rockauto so i hanged my parts to his order. But i will have an eye on the opentracker website. There are some nice parts!!!

Boah, sounds like a hard time moving every three years around. Thanks for your effort, its very kind of you.
Btw, i ordered the balljoints for the upper control arms via rockauto. A buddy of mine was going to order either way someting on rockauto so i hanged my parts to his order. But i will have an eye on the opentracker website. There are some nice parts!!!

Not always the nicest, moved evey 3 years for the past 30. Just settled down last month. John at Opentracker will take care of you, can probably get any suspension part you want. Reason I mention him is he will ship anywhere in the world and he uses regular postal service which might save shipping charges. Big names like Rockauto will use UPS which will cost more. If I'm ever in Austria I'll look you up, check out what you're doing to our American car out there :).

Posted via Mobile Device

good eye, pyroman!
You`re right, it is a Jaguar E-Type Serie I Roadster with a 6cyl 3,8 Liter Engine. Great car, it belongs to my father. Little story to it: When my father was younger his hobby was restoring cars. This was his first restoring car and he sold it in 1979. In the year 2002 he meet with pure coincindence the previous buyer and asked him if he knows where the car is today. Now the fabolus story beginns: He stills owns the car but he didnt drive it for 22 Years!!! He buyed the car and then he leaved the country for 20 years (put the car in a garage) and now he is back and didnt feel to get the car going again. So my father buyed the car back and it runs without bigger problems. We changed some parts but didnt touched the paint etc. Now he drives it on the oldtimer rallyes around in our area and is happy! :D

Some pics:
jag1
jag2
jag3

Wow very cool story! You're family sounds like a bunch of proper petrolheads. I'm sure you father feels very lucky to get that car back and I'll bet he'll never let go of it again. Really cool that he keeps it on the road too, especially with the ralleyes. Has he ever thought of doing the Mille Miglia?

You're family sounds like a bunch of proper petrolheads. QUOTE]

i think you hit the bulls eye with that statement :D

We have a very colorful classic-car taste. My brother is italien orientated Alfa Junior and Spider. I like the American cars, have the mustang and my father like the old british jags and some german cars. And yes, selling the jag is absolutely out of question. He always says: the jag, i will keep forever!

Mille Miglia is on his list and i think he will drive it somewhen. But for now he always claims its to expensive. I think me and my brother will give him this adventure for his 60th birthday.:Zip2:

You're family sounds like a bunch of proper petrolheads. QUOTE]

i think you hit the bulls eye with that statement :D

We have a very colorful classic-car taste. My brother is italien orientated Alfa Junior and Spider. I like the American cars, have the mustang and my father like the old british jags and some german cars. And yes, selling the jag is absolutely out of question. He always says: the jag, i will keep forever!

Mille Miglia is on his list and i think he will drive it somewhen. But for now he always claims its to expensive. I think me and my brother will give him this adventure for his 60th birthday.:Zip2:

Haha well I was right then! :D Seems like amongst the 3 of you you've nailed down almost all the genres of classics out there. Your brother makes me jealous, haha. In addition to being a classic mustang enthusiast, I love classic Alfa Romeos. They are just so rare in Texas. I've promised myself though that the next classic car I buy will be an Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV.

Also, very cool idea for your dad! He'll love it. One question though, who's gonna be riding with him? haha. Might be pretty difficult for 3 people in an E-type. I'd love to be able to do it one day, just need the right car and the funds and the time.

I think neither i or my brother will ride with him. The Co-Driver will be his girlfriend.:)
When i have time i will take my cam and drive to our garage and make a pic from the Alfa`s. How is the classic car scene and part service in Texas?

so as promised i made some pics from the Alfa. The Spider was not in the garage, i guess my brother tooked it out for a spin. So the last pic is about 2 years old. Enjoy the pics and be sure for yourself someday you will find your car :nice: My Brother searched for 5 Years in Austria, Switzerland and Germany for it and put his heart in it to get it to todays looking.

click me
me
me
me
and me

honestly, i`m too a tiny bit jealous of this car. But i grant it him very much and it always make me smile when i see him drive around like a kid which has gotten his new christmas present just five minutes ago! :banana:

No its not the GTA Version, but also it has not the original 1,3 Liter Engine in it. Build in is a slightly tuned 2,0 Liter Engine and we have no idea how much HP it makes, but it`s fast! ;)

I`m often jealous of the big part-market in America. Parts are in relation to us very cheap and you have so much possibilities in modifications and brands. Also your tools are very cheap. :flag:
But even if there where are market with such part choice around my area, it would be useless. Because our laws doesn’t allow changes on the car without proof from a Austria technical institution. I mean the same institution which gives me the every year vehicle inspection sticker. It`s possible to put other rims, dropping height from the car, other steering or put some wings on your car. There is no big problem, you go to the institution show them the paper from the manufacturer that this change is allowed on the car / type with the proof of Austria. You must pay a charge and they will put an entry in your car-papers . But putting parts on your car like another rearend, transmission, steering, rims which have for example only American proof or motor tuning parts…. damm!, veeery difficult and when you find a legal way its brutal expensive! :Damnit:
How is this handled in your country? Are you allowed to replace parts on your car like rearends, transmission, heads etc. without going to a technical institution?

greetings Mario

So if you did modify the car how would they know? I doubt that the tech inspector is up on all of the original options for a Mustang, especially of that vintage. There are so many parts available that look stock, or can be made to look stock, i.e. grind the Edelbrock name off the the Performer RPM intake and paint that sucker Ford Blue, how would they know the intake was not stock? Same with camshafts, Ford made some serious cams for the 302 based engines, how would they know yours was not the stock cam? Stick a 5 speed in the car with a 4 speed shift knob, and TaDa, its "stock"! There are many ways of "cheating" the system it is retarded! Unless you could not sleep at night because the tech guy did not find the offending parts. I mean unless they specifically ask a pointed question, and even then, you play dumb.........Duh, I dont' know....that's the way it came from the factory Sir! Or maybe they are that sharp and you have no choice. If that is the case, I feel for you.

grind of the brand name and paint the intake ford blue... :eek: when do you have a sneak peak under my hood? :D

I agree with you bullit, there a many ways to cheat the system. The technican or police can`t look into the engine or the transmission. But you will have problems with suspension tuning, brake tuning, headers, seats, steering wheels, bigger rims and tires etc. etc.

Surely you have a little play zone, for example i have my car equipped with a 4 disc brake system and it`s legal. Old granada brakes that are. Other play zone is all options which where aviable for your build year and car type are allowed.
But when it comes to the really good stuff, like a tcp front and rear suspension or 4-piston brake caliper, bigger rims,wider tires, charging systems, roll cage etc etc. :nono::nono::nono:
Show the specific papers to it and then maybe you could put some from the listend stuff on it. Turbo or compressor charge an old stang --> forget it, its impossible, only when the car came originally from the factory with such a system.

Mostly when people mount some half bucket seats or a "normal" size sport steering wheel after inspection in their car and get caught by the police there is no big problem. Most of them are good hearted and ignore it or ask who build it in. When you say a garage mechanic did it, its ok. But full bucket seats, or for example a roll cage will get you in problems.

Oh, and first lesson when you go to a technican inspection with your car:
NEVER say: Duh, I dont' know....that's the way it came from the factory Sir! He will kill you with this sentence: Proof it, i want to see the factory paper for this part, until then no license and no driving with this car!

How is it handled in your country? Can you put wider rims or tires, modern brakes on your classic car without going to a technican for proof? Because that is the meaning around here for american drivers. Wrong? :shrug: