Need a few opinions on a custom paintjob.

Alright, well I have always wanted to do the 2 tone thing with my car. I would love to have the top half of the car painted black. Kind of like this car here.
img0007wt9.jpg

How do you think it would look on my car? Here is a picture for reference. BTW the car is now lowered and has a mach1lip/ no pony in the grill.
huati6.png

do you think the line breaking it up is too far down the body line or just right on the first car? Would you paint the carbon fiber hood or leave it as is?
Also if anyone would want to photoshop it like the first picture, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe even tint the windows if you like.

• Sponsors (?)

I was thinking bout doing just this on my '01 GT . If you look at where the A pillar and C pillar of the roof have a clean break line from the rest of the body, then the rest of the trim is black, even going into the doors top moldings, cowl panel is molded in black etc. You could paint the roof itself black and tint the windows.

I guess it would be similar to how a 4th gen Z/28 roof looks.:shrug: Then again 94-98 has the body line in your pic, which I like too. Just giving you ideas to consider

Yeah man sweet :nice:. I definitely want to see the pics. Mine is silver too. and I haven't been able to find any pics to help me decide. I am also thinking of painting the taillight panel area black to match, but that may be too much.

I would paint the top side of your carbon fiber hood, but leave it raw finish on the underside

I agree . . . the two tone is HOT! not many cars can pull it off . . . but it definitely does justice for the SN-95 in my book. As for Painting the carbon Fiber hood . . . not a great idea . . . especially with a standard basecoat . . . it will come out blotchy because of the carbon fiber substrate . . . even with a light coat . . . however . . . a candy looks amazing on CF. I didn't believe it till I saw it . . . wonder how silver/black candy two tone would look ?? it's not real cheap but something to consider. Best of luck.

Yeah man sweet :nice:. I definitely want to see the pics. Mine is silver too. and I haven't been able to find any pics to help me decide. I am also thinking of painting the taillight panel area black to match, but that may be too much.

I would paint the top side of your carbon fiber hood, but leave it raw finish on the underside

Rob, Reddy351 has a great paint job on his Opal...he beat me to it now I have to scratch that idea...:mad:

I like it :nice:. Now he just needs the 01 and up style headlights, and it will look sinister. Is your dad running spacers on his rims?

str8stang036's car is the way I may do mine with the top being black/tint, and keep the bottom silver. I'm still unsure.

Have you decide how/if you are going to go with yours?

Since I have the cf trunk as well sitting in the garage. I think I'm going to do the str8stang look as well. just the top/pillars painted. Probably the same type of paint so that it blends with the cf hood/ trunk. If I don't like it, I can always have him do the body line later on for not much considering the trunk/hood wouldn't need to be painted.

I believe he is running spacers on those 05 rims because they were rubbing before.