Drivetrain Need A Flywheel - Any Suggestions? 2000 Gt T45

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by paradigm, Jun 10, 2013.

1. paradigm

paradigm Member

My clutch blew at my first time out at the track this past weekend, and my mechanic said that I may need a new flywheel because of the fact that the clutch smoked. I was hoping to simply get it machined but he said it may need to be replaced after all that heat. The car only has 50k miles on it.

Should I be looking at lightened flywheels or is a stock replacement good enough? Any particular brands or part numbers to consider? I looked into Ford Racing and there are several different part numbers which somewhat confuse me.

Also which year mustangs use the same flywheel as my 2000 T45 Windsor 8 bolt GT?

The car has standard bolt-ons, and will be getting a "king cobra" valeo clutch installed however I do hope to supercharge it one day.
  2. paradigm

paradigm Member

Guys can I use the 03-04 Cobra OEM flywheel on my 2000 T45 GT?
  3. Rick 91GT

Rick 91GT SN Certified Technician Site Sponsor

No they are a different bolt pattern..

If go aftermarket personally if your looking to replace, gives you a small amount of performance but a high quality piece that you can replace the surface ring if needed in the future....last flywheel you'll buy.

SPEC steel about $290 shipped, alum about $350 shipped. If your interested let me know if I can help.

Rick

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2