Need A Little Help With 2 Different Things

Stangin95

Jun 3, 2014
Car has been sitting a while because I have been at school. But before I put her away it would start then idle down and die. Checked for vacuum leaks, checked firing order, checked ground connections. I replaced the battery, alternator, MAF, and IAC valve. So yesterday, I tried to go start her up again and it did the same thing idle down and died, waited 30 seconds then started it again and it stays running but idles down real low like it wants to die and then surges it self back up but stays running. When I replaced the IAC I might have adjusted it to far or not far enough but will have to see. While it was running I unplugged the plug to the IAC and the car died. I then started it back up and tried the same thing with the MAF but when I pulled it off it would stay running, then I plugged it back in and the car died. Any suggestions on things I should check and double check or other suggestions on what to do?

For the second part, I pulled apart my CAI and started looking at things and noticed that the MAF housing part of the CAI is labeled 76mm on the bottom side of it. (C&L intake w/K&N filter) Was on the car when I got it, first MAF on the car was ford and I would assume stock. Second one is from advanced auto and presume to also be a stock size MAF, my question is that since the CAI is 76mm but the MAF is a different size and I believe the TB to be stock also making it 60mm that these size issues are messing things up. Should I get a bigger MAF sensor to match the CAI size, should I get a bigger TB to also match the CAI mm size?

Hope this doesnt confuse anyone and gets my point across best as possible.
Thanks BK

• Sponsors (?)

I was just looking around on americanmuscle to try and clear up my CAI/MAF situation and noticed that for the C&L sensor housing they want to know what injectors that will be ran. I still have the stock injectors. So could this all be a tuning issue? I will be replacing the MAF sensor again, what should I go with and where should I get it from?

A slightly bigger intake elbow and throttle body won't need any different MAF than stock. If you're running the stock injectors, use your OEM factory MAF.

They want to know what injectors as your MAF is tuned to the injectors, bigger injectors = different MAF tune. Your stock MAF works with your stock 19lb injectors.

Last edited:
A slightly bigger intake elbow and throttle body won't need any different MAF than stock. If you're running the stock injectors, use your OEM factory MAF.

They want to know what injectors as your MAF is tuned to the injectors, bigger injectors = different MAF tune. Your stock MAF works with your stock 19lb injectors.
Awesome thanks.