Need a new cat back!!! another set back to my wallet.

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
I was hopin that my cat back would last until the end of summer buuuuut I was backing into my driveway and my donkey dick tailpipe that was way out of alignment caught a lip at the end of my driveway and it bent the tailpipe all up. I was able to bend it back but the hoop over the axle bent in and is all out of whack. The sad part is that this is the third time my cat back has been backed into.:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: And today i looked under my car to see that the rear seam on the muffler is separating from the muffler. Im not too upset considering I bought it in 03 and it has been on and off the car about 7 or 8 times. Im also not to upset about the MAC 3 inch tail pipe price. at 330 I can get that thing the first week in the summer. lol Cant wait to start work so my baby can be all fixed up.

• Sponsors (?)

While your down there throw in some 4:10's? :D I think I may have changed my mind from the running side exhaust (since i'm all stoked now that my car is smog exempt) idea to running straight 3 inch from the headers back with longtubes headers and glasspacks. Make sure you post up pics. Just go charge it with the card. :D

SLP is garbage I absolutely hate SLP with every passion I have ever had. BLAH straight through muffler, BLAH Chambered muffs FTW.

c'mon jesse tell us how you really feel :D

for the price you pay, SLP's dont sound good enough on a 5.0

jump right back on the MAC train...your car sounds BAD ASS jess

for the record, i had a mac muffler come apart around the inlet too

Hmm, I think my friends car sounds insane with his SLPs, and I am very picky with exhaust notes. I dont even know If I like mine yet! Maybe break down and grab a Bassani BX catback. I cant see spending the money on a new part and buy the same thing, especially on a catback!

Hmm, I think my friends car sounds insane with his SLPs, and I am very picky with exhaust notes. I dont even know If I like mine yet! Maybe break down and grab a Bassani BX catback. I cant see spending the money on a new part and buy the same thing, especially on a catback!

SLP sounds too sloppy for me, like an old un-muffled muscle car. i prefer my mustangs to maintain that nice, deep trademark mustang drone quality to the exhaust note, and SLP just raps and roars and grumbles

I agree, I dont like the sound of a Race Bullitt or open headers on a Mustang, and his SLPs dont sound great at idle to me, but they get so loud and raspy up top (he has long tubes and an off road X) it just sounds great! I really want to try a handful of the louder mufflers on the market, to see which I prefer!

Just got my set up in. Mac LTs, VRS off road X, and Spintech Pro Streets into a pair of 3" Flowmaster tails. Sounds pretty mean at idle, but want to grab some videos of it actually moving to really hear! Trust me, if you think about "building" a catback, just buy one. I built mine and it was more or less trouble free, but a lot more work than a brand name catback!

SLP is garbage I absolutely hate SLP with every passion I have ever had. BLAH straight through muffler, BLAH Chambered muffs FTW.

Yeah... SLPs soung like crap :rolleyes:
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/mac/4/c810d932-c49b-4606-9bb9-7a18e0f3bd2d.htm

Macs do sound really good too though, can't really lose with them.

I don't have anything to say except off-road h-pipe and Flowmaster American Thunder catback. There is no better sound.
:puke: