Need a New Digi Cam ....

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yep ... I've mis-placed mine and I have a feeling that I will never see it again. Possibly stolen. Give me some good suggestions.

I do recall some nice quality pics being posted from Aaron, Dan, and Doug. And "rgs" has some nice one's on our sticky. What camera's do you guys use? My old one was a 3.2 MP Sony ... and I want something better ... but I don't want to spend too much, either.

BTW, if you want, throw some pics up that show the quality.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-P200...I'm sure you've seen some of the pics that I've taken with it. I'm pretty happy with it. It's got 7.2 megapixels; cost me $400 when it first came out, but now you can get em at crutchfield.com and many other sites for way cheaper than that. I've never had any trouble outta mine so far.

Here's a few pics I took with it back in Jan when we had the Mazda 3s...
View attachment 464101
View attachment 464103
View attachment 464105

I'm no pro either, so I'm sure if I took the time to learn more about the cam I could probably do even better with it, LOL.

You can't go wrong with Canon, and Sony comes in second. Most camera's out there are pretty good for the average user nowdays though.

I <3 Canon though :D

img9425medium4zt.jpg

IMG_6722Medium.jpg

IMG_7006Medium.jpg

Attachments

• img9425medium4zt.jpg
    img9425medium4zt.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6722Medium.jpg
    IMG_6722Medium.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7006Medium.jpg
    IMG_7006Medium.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 29
Tip: DO NOT BUY ONE FROM A RETAIL STORE
You can find one online, brand new, and a lot cheaper.

This site is good

Price range?

If you're willing to spend 500, then your best choice would be this camera. I used to work at Bestbuy and sold Digital Cameras for over a year. This one was originally priced at 1000 back when it came out. Retail, this camera is around 800. The site is selling it for 550.

I recommend Canon and Nikon.

The Nikon D50 is a new digital SLR and it's not too pricey either. (compared to other digital slrs)

Good luck with your search and take your time. Nothing worse than picking the wrong camera because your going to be stuck with it.

I got my Sony Cybershot 5MP W/MPEG Movie VX the model is a the DSC-T1. I love it its so small with the big 2.5 screen in the back. I got the camera and a 128 card instead of the 32 that comes with it for only $200 bucks the camera retailed at $600. Considering I got mine at Sears is a suprise to get it that cheap, but I work there so I got a deal.

drakesdad said:
Justin, NO matter what camera you choose, it will never capture the true essence of the Opal Frost..........:rlaugh
View attachment 464031
I agree with the rest of the opal frosters on this one. No matter how many pics i snap, or which camera i use the pics never do the opal justice.
This pic was taken with a kodax p850 5.? mega pixal.

I work at a retail store and i mess with camera's a lot and hear stories from customers quite a bit and They say they have a lot of problems with sony. I would say Canon, UNTIL we got in this new "Panasonic Lumix" i think its a 5-6 mp for like $350, Man the Picture quality is Remarkable. So i would look at Panasonic or Canon!!

The primary digicam brands are Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Kodak, Panasonic and Sony. Canon is arguably the best. But you will probably be happy with any. The biggest drawback among that group is Sony, who uses expensive, low capacity memory stick cards (a clear disadvantage, unless you have other memory stick devices). Those Panasonic Lumix cameras are very cool too. They have a mechanical image stabilization that is very useful in real world point and shoot (virtually eliminates blurry pics).

Anyway, stick with a name brand, then shop for the features and price you want.

Here is the best review site I have found. http://www.dcresource.com/

drakesdad said:
Well....dizzam...NC girl.......rock on with the Frost....or as Justin would say
Opal Frost FTW...:rlaugh:

Yeah ... what's really crazy is that (I think) she's only like 15 minutes from me. So, Will .... whenever you decide to come back "home" :)D ) .... we can have a "troika". (Go ahead, do a search & see what that word means, lol.)

And the statement about our paint is so true. No pic I have ever seen shows what Opal Frost looks like in person.

O.F. FTW!!!

SeventyMach1 said:
Yeah ... what's really crazy is that (I think) she's only like 15 minutes from me. So, Will .... whenever you decide to come back "home" :)D ) .... we can have a "troika". (Go ahead, do a search & see what that word means, lol.)

And the statement about our paint is so true. No pic I have ever seen shows what Opal Frost looks like in person.

O.F. FTW!!!
I agree with the "in person" of the OF....pictures don't do justice....I imagine your term as either a trifecta or don't want to mention the other word..lol
I looked at 95 Opals profile and didn't see where he was from.....but nice car he has :nice: and stang girl......were waiting for the pic of yours.....
Will

drakesdad said:
I looked at 95 Opals profile and didn't see where he was from.....but nice car he his :nice: and stang girl......were waiting for the pic of yours.....
Will

Drakesdad thanks for the compliment, im hangin on the east coast (Connecticut) to be exact.