need a starter whatcha got?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm gonna buy a new starter and I think im gonna use the PA performance one for $135. Since my 92 has a factory mini starter, I dont need to use the wire kit right? We had to bang by starter today to get the car started because it had a hot spot. Its just a regular parts store unit I got about 2 years ago. I'll be doing a tremec swap soon so the starter has to come out anyway:)

If you had factory ministarter you won't need the wire kit - correct.

In fact, it's not really necessary with the big starter. Just swap the big cable from the switched-side of the fenderwell switch to the 'hot side', and then use a 10ga or 8ga wire from the switched side of the fenderwell switch to the small terminal on the starter. Voila - you're wired.

Michael Yount said:
Be careful guys - there's a lot of real cheap, overseas rebuilt stuff out there. Looks halfway decent on the outside, but is remanufactured. There is no Santa Claus - if it seems to cheap to be true - it probably is.

thats what i was thinkin after i looked on ebay. thanks for the ideas i think what i found in summit and jegs is probly my best bet.