Need advice about buying car

db=dave=06

Apr 13, 2006
Hey guys, I need some advice. Iam looking at a 99 gt with 73000 miles. It has magnaflow catback exaust, 4:10 gears, Lowering springs, new shocks/struts(adjustable), HPMmegabite jr lower control arms, 98 cobra transmission, uderdrive pullies, new tires, new waterpump, Razzi rear bumper and spoiler, and a Mach 1 chin spoiler/grill delete. He is asking 10,500 but will take 10. I know it is over the list price in kbb but considering what has been done is this an ok price. The car is in good condition overall and he claims he has invested almost 5k into it. Any opinions will be appreciated.THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

10,000 for a 99 is way to high..One owner are not still..Plus i bet he drives the car hard just like the rest of us..Mods really dont make a car worth any more..Plus buying a mustang I would try getting one that dosent have mods on it..

2001 gt

I found 2001 gt thats all stock except for the flomaster exaust. It has 65000 miles and he is asking 9,800 but iam pretty sure i have him talked down to 9000. What do you think.

what sucks is that it is 500 miles away and he told me that the clutch makes a rubbing/whineing noise. Iam not quite sure what he ment(this will be my first manuel)he said something about the plates and that the same thing happened before and the warranty took care of it and now it just started doing it again[making the noise]. Also the cd player dont work. Do you think it needs a new clutch

Even if i do get this one and than find a better deal down the road i could just sell it and get prettyy close to what i spent. Iam just getting impatient and i want a mustang now. I have already been lookink for 4 months. I have noticed alot of people overcharge for there mustangs and get away with it. I have seen 99 gts for as much as 14000.

Dude just hold out and find the right one. You will know as soon as you see it that you need it. I was in your position intil yesturday when I bought my 96 GT. I looked for three years before I found the right one. I was not even looking that hard for a 4.6 I wanted a fox body, but when I saw it I knew I needed it. Im not saying look for three years but take your time. It sounds like you have plenty of money for a nice mustang so you should find one soon. I started out with like 2k so it is hard to even find a car for that, lol. I almost bought a 89 gt that needed alot of work for 7k less than a week ago and after all the talk back and forth with the guy I told him forget it and my dad found this one the same day for even cheaper in way better shape with a few mods installed by a guy that is good with cars it was his wifes car and he is a member of :SNSign: so you know it rocks.

99 cobra

I think i found a 99 cobra with only 50000 miles on it. Its all stock except for shifter and exaust. Only bad thing is in carfax it came up as fleet vehicle sold at auction but that was only for 7 days before it was sold to owner who has it now as a personal vehicle. If i can get him down to 12000 does that sound like a pretty good deal. It does to me considering what other cobras are going for around my area. Let me know what you think.

db=dave=06 said:
I think i found a 99 cobra with only 50000 miles on it. Its all stock except for shifter and exaust. Only bad thing is in carfax it came up as fleet vehicle sold at auction but that was only for 7 days before it was sold to owner who has it now as a personal vehicle. If i can get him down to 12000 does that sound like a pretty good deal. It does to me considering what other cobras are going for around my area. Let me know what you think.

That would be a nice buy..... just have a buyers check done by a good
mechanic. No dents, leaks, smoke or funny sounds. Then it seems like
a killer deal.

I would make a counter offer, like $12250. Chances are he wont sell it
tomorrow. Wait a couple of days and see what happens.
Does it need anything? Like if it needs new tires, tell him thats why
you wont do $12900. If he puts new tires on it then then yeah $12900
is good. The longer he has it the more desparate to sell he will get.