Need advice ear off block broke

Josh79

Sep 7, 2005
South Dakota
Ok a few months ago i blew the clutch out of my 95. and i mean blew it. a chunk of the plate came out through the bellhousing and dented the road. the bellhousing was pretty much cracked in half and was missing most of the drivers and bottom side. Well while @ work shortly after i cut my thumb off with a miter saw so i have been unable to fix it. finally i can and have the time.

so i got it tore apart and the drivers side bottom ear where the bellhousing bolt threads onto the block cracked in half. i have the piece because suprisingly held on till i took it apart. now my question is can i get by w/o it. i was thinking of using a good cold weld epoxy on it and just not torqueing it too much with some loctite. just was wondering if anyone has dealt with it before and if they think itll be ok or not. if i wasnt starting school in march id drop a 351w stroker in to solve the prob lol. but i need to goto HRI so i can chase my dream of being a custom painter so no new motor. :bs:

ill get some pics of the damage later maybe. everything from the flywheel back was ****ed as u can imagine.

here is the carnage thread http://forums.stangnet.com/775741-carnage-pics-clutch-blowing-up.html#post7797983

• Sponsors (?)

You can probably drive the car without it. One bolt isn't going to be that big of a deal. The only real solution is to have it welded. But usually that requires some high power welding, and they are going to want the engine out of the car without it. Cold weather epoxy is a waste of time. It's not going to provide any strength anyway. My advice is to go without for now.

Kurt