Need Advice On New Clutch For Mostly Stock 5.0

koala33

Apr 28, 2012
Fort Belvoir, VA
Throwout bearing needs replaced, so replacing the clutch and pressure plate also. Car is low mileage. Should I also replace the quadrant? What type of clutch/kit should I buy? I see a lot of different types, but not sure if I do stage 0 or stage 1 in case I want to modify in the future. Also not sure if I have to get 10 or 26 teeth.

• Sponsors (?)

What's your setup and intended use? For a near stock or mild app under 300hp I like the king cobra clutch with steeda cable, fire wall adjuster, and quadrant. Proven set up that works, and is good quality with great pedal feel.

Stock all except CAI and catback exhaust. I may do headers and mid pipe shortly, but not sure if I am going to do too much after that. This car is a daily driver. RAM HDX seems like a pretty good clutch with lots of good reviews, and a good price.

Kc sounds like a perfect set setup for you. Have it on my gt40 setup and am highly pleased. Great pedal and plenty of grab. Price was.very reasonable as well.

Spec Stage 1 Clutch... Pressure plate has little more kick then stock... Handles well, tiny bit of chatter when first breaking in... not like a stock clutch. and the whole kit is like $250.

Have a Spec Stage 3 in a 300zx that handles real well with power