need alot of input by monday

blackink00

I missed a shift & stole Curt's money.
Mar 30, 2005
Tempe, AZ
well i am ordering my stroker kit and i need some input from you guys. as much as i can get. im kinda torn between different kits and my budget is gonna be $2300. i have been looking at

eagle performance kit.
eagle forged crank
eagle h-beam rods
eagle pistons

modmax stroker kit
kellogg forged crank
cp/modmax pistons
modmax h-beam rods

mmr stroker kit 850 or 950
forged crank
manley h-beam rods
manley or diamond forge pistons.

those are the three im kinda torn between. all come with arp2000 rod bolts and .020 over pistons. please gimme some inputs cuz im gonna be ordering the kit on monday. thanks stangnet:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I have yet to see a good price on a eagle rotating assembly and it will most likely be the most expensive of the three which in my eyes narrows it down to mmr and modmax.

When compared to the mmr 950 the modmax kit kinda comes up short considering the differences in parts. The Modmax kit comes with modmax rods and "their" rings. Not exactly a bad thing but when you consider the mmr 950 comes with manley rods and speedpro rings I think the 950 is the better choice. You also stated the the mmr 850 is a consideration but the 950 is $50 more and you get manley rods. MMR's website has a typo in the description of the two kits and the 850 does not come with manley rods. Even though the mmr kits dont state it the crankshafts are made by kellogg so there is NO difference there when compaired to the modmax kit. I vote for the MMR 950 hands down due to the better parts offered for the same price.

yeah ill be doing the whole build. the only thing im sending out is the block and heads to have them bored out and have the valve seats 5-angle cut. the eagle kit was 2300 with a balanced kit from summit. thats where im getting the 2300 is my budget. im also open to any other kit around that price. thanks for the input darkside.