Fox Need Bass In A Fox Hatchback

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by 7991LXnSHO, Aug 10, 2014.

1. 7991LXnSHO

7991LXnSHO Advanced Member

What is the most compact way to get some bass in my 91 hatch? I do not want to put a big box in like the PO had. My 79 had a tube woofer I could plug and bungee cord in the back or put on the back seat floor with the back seat down. Now, I will be using the back seat and do not want to use too much hatch space. Are there any big bass 3 way speakers that for in the stock spot or a small, custom fit box for a corner?

2. Shakerhood

Shakerhood Well-Known Member

Yeah there is not really many places in a Fox for speakers.

3. 85rkyboby

85rkyboby Active Member

What's big bass to you? It's hard to suggest a good setup without knowing what you're going for. Was the tube woofer in your 79 enough, as that could give me an idea?

4. f8tlfiveo

f8tlfiveo My wife likes my spool and blow-off valve.

I had a jl w0 8 inch in a small box in hatch area with a Rockford punch 75 amp. Sounded much better after I added it, and didn't take up much room. Not gonna rattle your mirrors off but a stock fox radio setup is basically treble.. Lol

5. 7991LXnSHO

7991LXnSHO Advanced Member

The woofer tube was enough, but this is a louder car. I do not want to have the car vibrate like it is passing gas every time I turn it up. I just want to balance out what I can hear. Is a removable tube still the best deal?