Need Blower advice on Saleen

if ford claimed that the mustang fluids were "self-contained" then it would. I hate to break it to you but fluid moves and splashes all over the place and your car doesn’t have to be up side down to do that.. if you want to refill your 5K supercharger every time you break hard.. thats your choice

• Sponsors (?)

lostsoul said:
ok.. done.. (still like your rims duner.. after the sc though)

It's cool, just figured the poor dead horse needed a break.

That SC is sick
rockon.gif
I can't wait to see one in person. Also looking forward to some write-ups and pics when it's installed.

delurker said:
I guess my next questions have to be, how much spillage is acceptable, how is it replenished, is it supposed to slop out when I engage ABS, and is that oil really supposed to last 50,000 miles between scheduled blower maintenance?

There is a fill hole on the front the of the saleen, it's about the size of a finger. I figure it shouldn't leak anything after all people use these on road courses and off roading on some applications. You got to figure is some oil can escape then some dirt can get inside the unit.

lostsoul said:
haha.. that is sad.. saleen KNOWS there might be leakage.. and its ok? that oil is needed for the sc.. how much can leak out and still run at top speed?? come on.. 5K for that.. time for a whipple or something else

Yeah sign me up for a Whipple. Oh wait , they don't have one for sale yet. :(

delurker said:
Roy, can you post up a pic of the hole if you haven't sent yours back yet? The only such hole I see on mine has a threaded plug in it.

Yes that is the fill hole. The fluid should be level with the plug. The leak on the unit they shipped me appears as if it leaking from the seal on the snout/pully not the refill plug. I did speak to the people at Magnuson today and they make the Saleen blower for Saleen. The told me it should not leak any oil in any position off the car and that area is sealed but when it is on the car under boost it will leak a very very fine mist at the snout/pully area and this is considered normal. But he said it should not drip at all.

PolkThug said:
Don't the Saleen and Whipple twin-screws originate from the same company? I can't remember the name of the company though... :shrug:

Can the hole be covered or plugged?

The unit I have at the very least need a front seal. for the 5k I would need to see a complete tear down & rebuild to trust it.

History lesson:

in 1990 Whipple aquired a screw compressor from Opcon Autorotor in Sweden, Whipple suggested some changes for automotive use & Autorotor made the changes & Whipple secured the rights to be the exclusive distributor he calls the Whipple Supercharger. In 1995 SRM a company that was part of Opcon split from Opcon and came out with it's own supercharger called Lysholm which was the orginal name or SRM.

Kenne Belle uses the Autorotor Whipple Charger.

The new Saleen supercharger is a Eaton Blower that Magnuson Produts puts together/manufactures for Saleen.

Can you pm me the contact info for the fine folks at Magnuson? I want to make sure I have the necessary info before I load this thing back into my car and drive to the OC.

see.. I backed off it and you guys start it up again.. haha.. I'm not saying saleen is a bad sc.. I'm saying that if they knew about it and told him thats normal.. then something is wrong. either way he should send it back(which I think he is). There are other options out there and it requires another month to wait for the whipples to come out then so be it. Either way 100+ hp will make anyone happy. I want to see good pics and installs of any SC..

Thanks, royb. It's all good, lostsoul.

My retailer noted, but expressed no concern over the leaked oil, so I assumed it was not an issue.

I agree on the 100+ additional hp making anybody happy, and I'm also looking forward to seeing some SC installs, Saleen and other, but especially MINE lol.

AV99GT said:
This is not correct. It is a twin screw, manufactured at Saleen. Magnuson used to supply Saleen years ago.

No you are wrong. I've already spoke to Magnuson and had blower serial #70 from Saleen. Magnuson private labels them for saleen.

i'm jealous of you saleen series VI blower owners. i'm going to wait to see if the saleen is what it is spec'ed at. a C&L cold air intake along w/ the saleen blower should be a dynamite (figuratively) combo. the other blower i'm considering is the procharger. it has gone 11.7s by two magazines already. it's gonna be hard to beat.

but since my GT is a daily driver, the twin screw's low-end boost may be better suited for my needs. i'll just patiently (LOL) wait and see how the dust settles in the blower wars.

i emailed saleen to see if team members can take advantage of discounts on their series VI blower. if so, a pretty penny can be saved by becoming a saleen team member.

As the competition knows, it's tough to keep up with Saleen.
But now YOU can stay in touch with everything Saleen is doing by becoming a
TEAM SALEEN member!
As a privileged member of TEAM SALEEN, you'll be a part of one of the most exciting automotive enthusiast's and owner's clubs anywhere.
Your TEAM SALEEN membership offers all these great benefits:
• Saleen Owner Services, including authenticating letters and sales/product brochures.
• Four quarterly issues of the official TEAM SALEEN newsletter - "Fastlane"
• Special 10% discount on Saleen Performance Parts catalog orders.
• Additional 2% discount for ordering on-line.
Exclusive to TEAM SALEEN members:
• Special TEAM SALEEN Jacket—available only with membership.
• TEAM SALEEN Mylar Decal and Membership Card.
• Saleen Performance Parts Catalog
"Discounts do not apply to sale items"
Our new specials provide great value on a wide array of parts to help get your Mustang in top shape.
Membership Information
For Saleen owners, Mustang enthusiasts and all Ford performance
car owners - all of these terrific benefits are yours for only:
Annual membership. $74.99 S M L XL Select Jacket Size

Associate Membership $ 53.99
Annual renewal $ 44.99
You may now purchase TEAM SALEEN membership on line.
For more information
contact
Liz Summar, Director
1-949-597-3880
or E-Mail [email protected]