Need C4 Help

• Sponsors (?)

Define "stock" C4?
Something out of the junk yard isn't going to cut it... A good clutch set, billet servo and manual valve body is where I would start. I personally have used this trans C-4 Ford 1970-Up 289-302-351C-351W Racing w/Reverse Manual VB in a dozen or more builds with great success. Several of these cars have made high 9 second passes and most of the others have made 10 second passes on similar setups. Stock case C4 yes, good internals and a good convertor are a must!!

Define "stock" C4?
Something out of the junk yard isn't going to cut it... A good clutch set, billet servo and manual valve body is where I would start. I personally have used this trans C-4 Ford 1970-Up 289-302-351C-351W Racing w/Reverse Manual VB in a dozen or more builds with great success. Several of these cars have made high 9 second passes and most of the others have made 10 second passes on similar setups. Stock case C4 yes, good internals and a good convertor are a must!!

thanks, How much do I need to spend, to have one done? or should I just order one from some place?

Typically the cars that we have done C4 conversions in at our shop you will spend approx. 2500$ for everything brand new.
Fresh small bell housing C4 (we use transmission specialties) reverse manual valve body (trans brake optional) Red Alto clutches, new pump, billet servo, deep aluminum pan etc etc
Torque Converter (this should be custom ordered for your specific combo) Street cars need a converter with a sprag to keep the heat down. Spragless converters are great for track only cars but typically have too much slip for street duty. Most blower cars and nitrous cars we do use a 9" converter and N/A cars use a 10" converter. Over 500rwhp typically gets an 8" converter
Shifter
Lokar flexible braided dipstick
Transmission cooler
Braided hoses for the transmission cooler
Engine block plate ( I prefer Performance Automatic plate)
Flexplate
Flexplate bolts

Typically the cars that we have done C4 conversions in at our shop you will spend approx. 2500$ for everything brand new.
Fresh small bell housing C4 (we use transmission specialties) reverse manual valve body (trans brake optional) Red Alto clutches, new pump, billet servo, deep aluminum pan etc etc
Torque Converter (this should be custom ordered for your specific combo) Street cars need a converter with a sprag to keep the heat down. Spragless converters are great for track only cars but typically have too much slip for street duty. Most blower cars and nitrous cars we do use a 9" converter and N/A cars use a 10" converter. Over 500rwhp typically gets an 8" converter
Shifter
Lokar flexible braided dipstick
Transmission cooler
Braided hoses for the transmission cooler
Engine block plate ( I prefer Performance Automatic plate)
Flexplate
Flexplate bolts

thanks

It has a 5speed now, I just dont go to far away in it.

The dragstrip is like 25 min away at 55mph

I have 450hp to the tire,

I just dont know what to buy ,or where to buy it

Last edited: