Need Clutch Help.

01 SN8K

Founding Member
Sep 16, 2002
San Diego
I am on my third stock Ford clutch and this one is going out as well. Throwout bearing is once again shot. Since my car is no longer under warranty and I want to replace it with an aftermarket one this time. My question is what are all the parts I am going to need. As of right now I know I will need a clutch, alluminum flywheel, and new preasure plate. The other question is which clutch to get. I was thinking of a SPEC Stage II or a King Cobra clutch. This car is my daily driver and sees occasional track time. I do plan on supercharging within the next year so please keep that in mind when making reccomendations. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Go with a Spec clutch, I haven't heard anything bad about them. I have heard some negative stuff about the King Cobra's and Centerforce clutches. As for a flywheel, check steeda.com for an aluminum one. I have a billet steel flywheel, but after reading an article in MM&FF and searching on here, the conclusion was that an aluminum flywheel is basically better, even for drag racing, so I regret getting the steel one. You may also want to consider getting a steeda clutch quadrant, firewall adj., and cable.

go with a stock 11inch cobra clutch, they are reliable and you know what to expect, and they do not hurt your transmission. they are good for 400 horespower :shrug: . the spec clutches are only good if you have a really tough tranny like a tko, but for your 2001 tremek, i wouldnt get spec or centerforce. i have a centerforce, and well i would not get it again...