need computer help

bimmertech

May 3, 2005
merriam, ks
is it possible for someone to steal your IP address? i have been getting e-mails from the FBI or CIA saying i have been visiting illegal sites.

i know sounds like BS to me, but they come to my e-mail and are addressed to a diff e-mail address.

no i don't visit **** sites, just SN and some parts sites.

my question is how do i know if someone stole my ip address and how do i get them back? if i change my address do i need to tell my provider?

i'm not wireless, just regular ol roadrunner dsl.

• Sponsors (?)

bimmertech said:
is it possible for someone to steal your IP address? i have been getting e-mails from the FBI or CIA saying i have been visiting illegal sites.

i know sounds like BS to me, but they come to my e-mail and are addressed to a diff e-mail address.

YEA I VISIT **** SITES, SN and some parts sites.

my question is how do i know if someone stole my ip address and how do i get them back? if i change my address do i need to tell my provider?

that stuff is bogus...just spam...i wouldnt click on it...

bimmertech said:

no i don't visit **** sites, just SN and some parts sites.

Your IP is static and will never change with your current ISP. I suppose someone could hack into your computer and use it's connection to do something. But that's way above my head.

That's the new virus everyone is getting. delete and forget about it.
Scott