Need cover for old shifter location.

qcrun98

Sep 11, 2005
Moline, IL
When I purchased my 89 GT the shifter had been moved to where the ashtray had been located. Does anyone know of a company which makes a cover for the original location of the shifter. There is a big hole there and want it covered. Thanks for any info.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know of anyone that makes a cover but it's not too difficult to cut one out yourself. Use the shifter bezel as your template and (depending on the color of your interior) make it out of smoked black plexi-glass or some other plastic material. Use the original bezel over the top to give it a finished look.

Thanks I was debating on going that route but I wanted to see if one was actually in production. The downside to doing it that way is I don't even have the shifter bezel to do this. It had been removed. I may fabricate something and use it as an angled switch panel. I will waite to see if anyone else replies that may know of one that is produced. Thanks.

Attached is a pic of the area in my stang I am trying to find a cover for. It is currently covered with a blue towel. Please any help will be greatly appreciated.
2095878_3_full.jpg

What I was thinking of doing if I fab it myself was to use it as a switch panel. I also have the Pony off of my old 98 stang from the front, I was going to superglue that to the piece also for a 3D Pony Effect on the cover.