need dimension of side (rocker stripes) for my 66

jb1dsl

May 24, 2004
Marianna, Fl.
I need the dimensions for the roccker stripes for my fastback. Anyone have a website or somethinf to go by. the GT350clone.com website is gone. Does anyone have a tony branda catalog they could scan

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Are you wanting '65 or '66 dimensions? Also, I assume you realize only '65s should be painted (stripes only, "GT350" are decals on all). I don't have my Branda catalog on me, and I see they don't have rocker dimensions on their site. If nobody chimes in with the style you are looking for, I'll post the dimensions for both '65 and '66 stripes this evening.

Here is a quick diagram I made...the stripes are consistent in width (they don't taper like the LeMans stripes). The 3/4" gap between the stripe and "G" also applies to the space after the "0" in "G.T. 350". The only thing I'm unsure about wrt '66 stripes is the distance from the top stripe below the body "C" scallop or ridge that extends along the fender, door, and quarter panel. I know the top stripe begins 1" below the lower edge of this scallop on '65s.

66GT350RockerStripes.jpg

Hope this helps. However, if your car is Wimbledon White and you're retaining the Fastback C-pillar vent panels, I'd say just go ahead and use '65 dimensions if you're painting them, as your car will more closely resemble a '65 anyway. If you're going with a different color, or you have mostly correct '66 parts, though, painting is better than decals imo...it's just that it won't look correct. Regardless which you choose, I'm sure it'll look great, though.

Good luck, and let us know how they turn out!