Need Engine Stand/Hoist

latham83

Jul 24, 2003
Hey does anyone know where I can pick up an engine stand and hoist for the cheapest price....Harbor frieght has one for 50 bucks..i think i can do better than that?
And for weight wise..5.0 block with the heads, and lower intake and headers is what i would be lifting..can a 1000 pound hoist and stand handle that? or do i need bigger..i wouldnt think so...

• Sponsors (?)

Just something to think about -- the $50 or $100 you save on a hoist or cherry picker would be quickly exceeded if someone gets hurt or something gets broken because a cheap tool malfunctions. When it comes to working under things or holding real heavy items, that's probably not a good time to be looking at it purely from a cost perspective. Most of Harbor Freight's stuff is made overseas (lots from China) and the quality is not the highest. I've bought stuff there, but when it comes to heavy lifting/holding, I want quality stuff in the garage. Crushed body parts (human, not car) are REAL expensive, and can't always be completely repaired. Sorry - enough of being your dad. Which is very different from being your daddy.