Need Felpro headgasket part #

• Sponsors (?)

just for future ref. does anyone know the part number for the Fel-Pro new-ish multi layer steel gasket...the ones that have the rubber surround/coating? They look fairly hairy and am debating on swapping to them and studs when I pull my intake to put in new lifters.

I am running the 1011's now, but have had a hard time getting them to seal in the past FWIW. The last two have sealed fine but one set would not seal between a cyl. Since I have a 150 shot as my low

blksn955.o said:
just for future ref. does anyone know the part number for the Fel-Pro new-ish multi layer steel gasket...the ones that have the rubber surround/coating? They look fairly hairy and am debating on swapping to them and studs when I pull my intake to put in new lifters.

Fel Pro 1133, IIRC.

PUNISHER RACING said:
I always use 1011-2's

Even with iron heads? They would still work, but given the choice, I'd prefer the steel ring of the 1011-1 versus copper on the 1011-2.

It shouldn't make a difference. The 1011-1 has steel fire rings, while the 1011-2 has copper. You need to use the 1011-2 with aluminum heads to limit the possibility of brinnelling from the stronger steel ring against the aluminum surface. With copper, it's a non-issue. You can use the 1011-2 with either steel or aluminum, although some electrolysis may occur between the dissimiliar metals (copper versus iron).