need help.... 04 gt with my novi 1k and a horrible dyno

zxninjarr

Jan 5, 2009
Well today I went to dynoed my car for the first time since,I bought the car already modded..so my numbers were 285rwhp and 295tq on a dynojet..now the problem is that I have a novi 1000 boosting 8psi,and I think is really low since similar combos are running 370ish..the guy that did the pull said that it shows the 8lbs but he didn't know why it was low,...and that I can do a tune with them etc etc......so I would really appreciated if somebody has an idea of why it dynoed like that.. my mods are:
Novi 1000 rr 8psi
lightning 90mm mass
Anderson powerpipe
C&l pipes and plenum
Bosch bypass valve
42lbs injectors
Kenne bell boost a pump
Pypes x-pipe with high flow cats
Spintech mufflers and catback
Diablosport delta revolution chip
Also car is a 5 speed manual
It was done at a dynojet dyno, at 46 degrees temp,and 61% humidity, guy said that the airfuel looked good,
Thanks for any help you guys can provide me

Posted via Mobile Device

• Sponsors (?)

it would also help if we could get some info seeing what kind of fuel flow you are getting, Psi and voltages, but i see that you have a chip and not a handheld with a live readout so you probably don't have the real values ready

WTF

my old N/A gt dynoed with more tq than that, What area do you live in?, Who's doing the tuning?
AFR Readout or Info?

I know I told the guy is like the blower wasn't even there!..but it was showing 8lbs..btw I live in wa state...and the car already had a tune with diablo once I bought it..they were just doing a base line dyno

Posted via Mobile Device

8 psi should get you somewhere around 340 to the wheels.

what year is your car? did you do a compression check?

my car made 370/380 on 11 psi with my novi 2K

Its an 04 gt and I'm doing that compression check on monday...it worries me since they're similar combos online running from 360-380hp...btw car has 54k

Posted via Mobile Device

that's the guy i was hoping would chime in :D

Yeah the guy that did the pulls was like..everything looks ok but I can get more power for $1200...I was like I think there's something wrong having a blower with 8psi and showing those numbers!!...I don't know...I wanted to blame somebody at that time since the car pulls very hard..wayy more than my old ls1 with 320whp

Posted via Mobile Device

you sure he didn't play your numbers?, did he take it on up in the rpms? hey could you hear the blower kick in?

Ok then let me tell you..first they took 30min to strap the car and stuff..but they said that I wasn't allowed to go there..so after a long while I got upset and I went down there and the car was already on.....then he pull the run,...I don't know if I might b exagerating but the thought of them messing with the car before I got there did crossed my mind...and I could b wrong....but.........

Posted via Mobile Device

that's the guy i was hoping would chime in :D
I feel special!:D

who did the base tune?

$1200 for a tune is outrageous. i would take it to another shop and get a printout of the dyno results and if they can do it, get the datalog file from the pull.

the dyno operator can play with the numbers to make them look low or high. not sure exactly what it is that they do but there is a way to make the readings different. how much timing is it seeing? what is the AFR across the rpm range? there are a lot of factors that can attribute to low numbers.

with them saying you cant watch the dyno and them telling you he can get more power for $1200, i think something is up. your best bet is to find a shop with a god reputation and see what they have to say about it.

i dont think your car will make close to 370 to the wheels. not trying to bring you down or anything but 8 PSI just doesnt make that kind of power with minimal bolt ons. the catted x pipe isnt helping much either.

if you do decide to get a retune, i would suggest a pulley swap to make some extra power. dropping 2/10ths on the pulley size will make 2-3 psi more and get you closer to where you want to be.

i have some old 6 rib paxton pulleys if you would like to swap one on and see how it works out. they are both RR pulleys and have been used for under 3K miles each. IIRC they are 3.4 and 3.2 pulleys

what size pulley is on the car now?]
\

I feel special!:D

who did the base tune?

$1200 for a tune is outrageous. i would take it to another shop and get a printout of the dyno results and if they can do it, get the datalog file from the pull.

the dyno operator can play with the numbers to make them look low or high. not sure exactly what it is that they do but there is a way to make the readings different. how much timing is it seeing? what is the AFR across the rpm range? there are a lot of factors that can attribute to low numbers.

with them saying you cant watch the dyno and them telling you he can get more power for $1200, i think something is up. your best bet is to find a shop with a god reputation and see what they have to say about it.

Thank guys!!...yeahh i felt something wasn't right,specially when they didn't let me see the car for 30 mins...they let me see the run but I don't know..I could b wrong about them..but when I ask what he thought it was wrong with the car, and he would keep turning the conversation around I didn't like it...the only answer was: we run a diagnosis,we change the spark plugs,add some bad ass additives that's gonna wake up the car(lol) and all that for $300 after that we'll put it back to the dyno and if it doesn't work then we make an appoiment for a dyno tune.....I said no thanks
I'm still gonna check the compression,but maybe I'm gonna go somewhere else
Posted via Mobile Device

the only answer was: we run a diagnosis,we change the spark plugs,add some bad ass additives that's gonna wake up the car(lol) and all that for $300 after that we'll put it back to the dyno and if it doesn't work then we make an appoiment for a dyno tune.
Posted via Mobile Device

RUN AWAY FAST!!!!!

some "bad ass additives"?!?!?!? really???
WTF are these guys trying to pull?
where are you located? i'm sure we can find a decent shop close to you that wont screw you over.

RUN AWAY FAST!!!!!

some "bad ass additives"?!?!?!? really???
WTF are these guys trying to pull?
where are you located? i'm sure we can find a decent shop close to you that wont screw you over.

Well I have a friend on an 04 cobra that went there yesterday..he fell for the additives (dumbass) they dynoed him at 465whp with no pulley swap..just and exhaust..so my other friend in an 03 cobra stop by and said..I have a 2.75 pulley kit and I dynoed those numbers how come he dynoed that with an exhaust???...they said he must have a good tune

Posted via Mobile Device

no way a stock cobra made 465. they are manipulating the numbers

We all knew that wasn't right!!!...specially having cobras w the small pulley and running those numbers exactly...the guy told me today.."we change your buddys spark plugs and he saw 25whp!!...but it makes sense my friend went there with the intentionts of swapping his pulley so the shop dynoed him soo high..so he would let them install the set and tune etc etc...and it works! After seeing those numbers he was like man!! Imagine the gains with the pulley swap...their answer: we got you cover! And we can make a better tune

Posted via Mobile Device