35th Anniv Need help 1999 35th "Limited" guys.

VOORHEES

Stangnet's "35th Limited Edition" VIN Guy
Mod Dude
Nov 9, 1999
LaGrange, GA
Sometime in 1999, Ford had a commercial that featured Rusty Wallace as a "test driver" for a Ford dealer. In the commercial he drove a Perf. Red "Limited Edition" GT quite aggressively while the person in the passenger seat just held on. It was a great commercial and seeing a true "Limited" in action was really cool.
I have looked for this commercial all over the net and actually found an auction a while back selling the helmet Rusty wore in the commercial, along with a video of the commercial. However, the price was outrageous and I didn't want the helmet anyway. Cool, but no thanks.
Ok guys, start looking!
Thanks
-Jason

• Sponsors (?)

I sent Ford an email about the commercial I was looking for. Here is their "response".

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your message of 12/13/04 regarding your Ford Mustang. We
appreciate the time you have taken to write us requesting a copy of the
commercial for the Ford Mustang GT that was aired sometime in 1999.

It is always a pleasure to correspond with Ford customer. In the
automotive world, few vehicles make it to the status of "Living Legend",
and if any car has ever earned this title, it's the Ford Mustang. Since
the muscle-car sensation galloped onto the streets of America in 1964,
the Mustang has embodied self-expression and confidence.

Jason, unfortunately as a company policy, Ford does not provide copies
of commercials to customers.

Our vision is to become the world's leading consumer company for
automotive products and services.

At Ford Motor Company, we consider the satisfaction of our customers as
one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries
or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to
address them.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,
Lana
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center

:bs: :rolleyes: :nonono:
What good does it do not to help me? Its an old commercial for pete's sake. Only a few really care about it any way.
The search continues........
-Jason

What a bunch of *******s........ Why would they say something like that to you, you purchased one of their cars! I know the owners of the 2 Ford dealerships around here. One of the owners is the largest mustang seller in illinois and one of the largest in the mid-west. Next time i am over there, i will ask for a copy of the video tape and get it for you, plus i want to see it as well, i have the perf. red 35th!! when i get it, ill just post it on the the forums.....

Red9935thGT said:
What a bunch of *******s........ Why would they say something like that to you, you purchased one of their cars! I know the owners of the 2 Ford dealerships around here. One of the owners is the largest mustang seller in illinois and one of the largest in the mid-west. Next time i am over there, i will ask for a copy of the video tape and get it for you, plus i want to see it as well, i have the perf. red 35th!! when i get it, ill just post it on the the forums.....

You go boy!!! Good luck finding it though. I hope you do. :nice:
-Jason