(Need Help 5.0 HO is not start)

superamen54

Jul 19, 2011
i need have a 1994 mustang 5.0 HO i did a motor swap to a v6 body i connected everything. change computers and harness turn the key on. i have power on dash. turn the key to start and nothing i jump the starter it works i jump from fuse box it works im trying to get the engine turning. before i put on the intake, radiator, and headers. the fuses are good the neutral safely switch is good. need help i need a car before i start college. if you can im verizon txt me at 731-446-1988 or reply as fast as you can thanks everyone.

• Sponsors (?)

i am still trying to get this car to turn over. has power on dash but when i turn the key to start nothing happens. horn works fuel pump works have power to coil and everything seems fine. I swaped wiring harness and computer all changed out. I can jump the starter wire and motor turns over fine. I have no spark at plugs either. please help. I am the older brother of the original post. I own a 1998 mustang the one we are working on is a 1994. What could cause this ... which wire is the crank trigger wire..

Is it a stick or automatic?

If the crank signal is not reaching the starter relay in the underhood fusebox, check for cranking power at the clutch safety switch (or egressing the MLPS).

do you know which pin on relay is the crank wire or the color of the wire. This has been a real headache ti get goin. The thing is that when we try to crank the car it acts like my 1998 does when its not in gear. I shorted the 2 wires that go to the mlp sensor, but still no crank. this is a 1994 5.0 motor trans and computer with wiring harness. It is a v6 body. the trans is automatic. I can bypass the switch and use a jumper wire to the bat positive and it turns over. I would just put on a push button but I get no spark to plugs when I jumper it. I have checked the coil and module both pass test. The fuel pump pumps up fine when the key turns on I have horn and power to dash warning lights and gauges. Could it be a theft device... please help 2 brothers on stang...

Does it still have PATS? I am not sure the 5.0 was given to him and the v-6 was bought
HISSIN50

Make sure the car is in neutral or park the car will do Wat urs will but not turn over. Id check that right away yes we have already checked that thanks

wheelyman19
is in the computer, if he swapped to an EEC IV computer system the pats wouldn't matter anymore.
I m not sure if I have swaped to a eec IV or not. we pulled harness and computer out of the 5.0 doner

Also the v6 was a stick the 5.0 doner car is automatic. Just to recap this is what we done. got a 5.0 gt doner car bought v6 body only, both are 1994. We pulled the 5.0 with tranny out of doner. Put it into the v6 pulled engine and fuel harness and computer out of the doner and put it in v6 body. We then could not get it to turn over it is doing the same. turn key on and power inside horn blows lights brake lights all functions of the car inside seem to work fine. We went to start car and no power to starter. We then jumped the starter and turns over that way good. Thougt we just put a push button on but we could not get any fire to the plugs or any spark from coil. Tested each comonent and found no fault. I then deciede to pull dash and swap the under dash harness. SAME PROBLEM AFTER SWAP WOW... I jumpered the 2 wires to the tranny nuetral switch still nothing.DID I bypass the netrual safty switch right PLEASE TELL ME IF I DIDNT.. What could it be Please help 2 brother ob stang

Does it still have PATS? I am not sure the 5.0 was given to him and the v-6 was bought
HISSIN50

Make sure the car is in neutral or park the car will do Wat urs will but not turn over. Id check that right away yes we have already checked that thanks

wheelyman19
is in the computer, if he swapped to an EEC IV computer system the pats wouldn't matter anymore.
I m not sure if I have swaped to a eec IV or not. we pulled harness and computer out of the 5.0 doner

Also the v6 was a stick the 5.0 doner car is automatic. Just to recap this is what we done. got a 5.0 gt doner car bought v6 body only, both are 1994. We pulled the 5.0 with tranny out of doner. Put it into the v6 pulled engine and fuel harness and computer out of the doner and put it in v6 body. We then could not get it to turn over it is doing the same. turn key on and power inside horn blows lights brake lights all functions of the car inside seem to work fine. We went to start car and no power to starter. We then jumped the starter and turns over that way good. Thougt we just put a push button on but we could not get any fire to the plugs or any spark from coil. Tested each comonent and found no fault. I then deciede to pull dash and swap the under dash harness. SAME PROBLEM AFTER SWAP WOW... I jumpered the 2 wires to the tranny nuetral switch still nothing.DID I bypass the netrual safty switch right PLEASE TELL ME IF I DIDNT.. What could it be Please help 2 brother ob stang
You need to get a test light and voltmeter and start actually tracing the starter trigger wire. An EVTM will be helpful.

You might want to check the underhood EEC fuse its a 20A maxi (normally the fuel pump wont prime if this pops though)

YO GUYS we finally got it fixed thanks for all your help and guess what it was a few things...1st the v6 had antitheft not pats.. The ford mehcanic said it shouldnt matter there was no antitheft box but was a place for it. I said change the rear harness. That was the reason it wouldnt turn over changed out the harness and now we have start power but still no fire to plugs. found out it was also a ground fault at the control module. I grounded it out and start up fine. We just got the headers on and she blowing some horses.. and the neutral saftey switch needed aligning. Well guys after months and help and hard work my brother has the car running and if you all want pics of the car we can send them or we can post some.thanks guys 1995 5.0 HO