Need Help 94 5.0

Jacob302

Sep 20, 2015
So I'm new to the group,and new to online discussion threads all together, with the exception of Facebook. I drive a 1994 Mustang GT 5.0 v8, I have dual Flowmaster straight pipes, shorty headers with no o2 sensors (not sure who they're made by they came with the car) , and k&n intake . I live on a tiny desert town where only one shop has the right diagnostics to hook up to it,last time I went there they cracked my windshield and denied it. I've been having a power surging issue, it idles fine,and sounds good when u rev it up , but when u start moving it sounds horrible and has power surges. I've replaced almost every sensor, plugs,wires,cap,rotor,but still can't find why it's sputtering. Before it started getting bad I noticed when in pushed in the clutch while driving rpms would go up,everybody told me I was just being picky and bout my car and it was fine,but it drove me crazy. And then that problem grew into the sputtering, but no check engine light came on

• Sponsors (?)

Codes need to be pulled, not everything will set the light off.

Your 94 will be OBD1, codes pulled from connector in engine bay on passenger side strut tower.
you can jump it and count the flashes of the check engine (google for procedure) or buy an inexpensive code reader.
They can be found at the parts store, walmart or online.

Thank you,but I think I may have found the reason,I found a bad vacuum line that goes under the intake manifold, sprayed throttle body cleaner and the rpms went up,but can't see the connection, have to pull the manifold?