Need help and information on fuel pressure service port (Schrader valve) on my 5.0

Chris_Polley

Founding Member
Jul 21, 2001
Hawley, MN
Hey guys, I need a bit of help here.
First off, my fuel pressure regulator is leaking and I want to replace it with an adjustible one. I am looking at buying these two items:

Fuel Pressure Gauge - http://www.maximummotorsports.com/fuelgauge.asp Mounts to the fuel pressure service port.
AND
Adjustible Fuel Pressure Regulator - http://www.maximummotorsports.com/fuelregulator.asp

I have an '87 GT 5.0, stock, & it's speed density still. I do, however, have the Edelbrock DRY Nitrous kit installed on my car for '87 - '95 5.0's. The nitrous kit came with a Fuel Pressure Safety Cutoff Switch that I mounted to the fuel pressure service port (Schrader valve) on the fuel rail. That switch will cut off the nitrous flow if my fuel pressure ever drops below a "safe" level. Anyways, with that switch installed that service port is no longer useable to test the fuel pressure because that switch is permanently mounted there.
I need to know if there is any sort of Y fitting for that service port that will screw into that fuel rail and make two fittings out of the one. One that I can use to mount the fuel pressure gauge and the other to mount the fuel pressure safety cutoff switch on. I need it large enough to give me space to mount both items, because that switch is fairly large and I assume that fuel pressure gauge would take up a good amount of space as well, so I can't have one that is a Y side by side or I won't have enough space. Any ideas? Anyone ever done this before? Will I have to worry about a Y fitting leaking fuel if it gets upto 60psi or so?

Thanks!

----ONE MORE NOTE I FORGOT TO ADD ---
The fuel pressure safety cutoff switch has its own special fitting. I had to remove the schrader valve and install this switch into its place. So whatever Y fitting I get, has to give me the same option to remove one of the ports or some sort of adaptor to match upto the swtich.

• Sponsors (?)