Need help ASAP....t-45 fit in a fox???

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
I know where I can get a t-45 from a 96-98 gt/cobra is what the add says. It says it still has a warranty on it and was a take-out cause a minor problem. I need to call and find out the problem, but if the tranny is good and I can get it to fit my car then I can get one heck of a deal on it. Is there anyway to make it work? I know the 4.6 motor is totally differnet and the bellhousing is also way different, so therefore all the mounts and crap SHOULD be different, but is there a way to make it work, never asked before so I fig. I would give it a shot and see if it will work. Thanx

• Sponsors (?)

just did a search and answered my own question...NO IT WILL NOT WORK....thanx haha...shoulda done a search earlier, but i was in to muhc of a hurry and didnt think this woulda been a talked about topic

I heard the T45 is basically a t5 with an integral bell housing, so you couldn't which them out. The T-56 will fit with a little grinding if you have cats, from what I have heard.

87gtconv said:
Kinda pricey but it would fix my problems once I get my 3.73 gears and find out I hate the highway rpms! And my T-5 is about to give up the ghost too!!

If you got the money go for it...I wonder what your rpms would be on the highway at 70 with the T56???...Probably around 1700 or 1800...Sounds good to me...

David