need help bad and fast with rim/rotor?

lgil351

Jan 23, 2004
i am converting my 84 mustang to 5 lug with ranger truck rotors up front....will cragar s/s rims work with the ranger brake rotors? will i have to go to 94-95 spindles?

• Sponsors (?)

I've been looking into a 5 lug swap for my 85 and there's more to it than what you said. You might be confusing the Ranger part with the rearend. You can use the driver side Ranger axles on a 8.8" rear end, but your 84 comes with a 7.5"....like my 85. If you want to do the Ranger axle swap, you'll need to swap out the rearend. Or, you can get a 94+ rearend and it will come with 5 lugs...you're done in the rear.

As far as the front, I haven't heard of using Ranger rotors, but you're right about using the 94-95 spindles. There's some grinding you have to do to make it fit though, but it's not that bad.

Here's a link that should point you in the right direction:

http://mjbobbitt.home.comcast.net/mustang/5lug.html

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I just read this link (again) and noticed the part about using the Ranger rotors...sorry, my bad. I read somewhere else about using the 94 - 95 rearend. Does anyone else know for sure?

I used 92 Mustang spindals and callipers to make Bullet wheels fit. Found in Junk yard very cheep.

lgil351 said:
i am converting my 84 mustang to 5 lug with ranger truck rotors up front....will cragar s/s rims work with the ranger brake rotors? will i have to go to 94-95 spindles?