Need HELP bad! Daily driver pony on last leg....

Mike86Stang

Advanced Member
Apr 11, 2000
Red Lion, PA
This all started by me blowing up my 300,000 mile original 86 motor:shrug: :lol: , I replaced it with a used motor out of a MARK 7. It was running perfectly then one morning I start it up & it has a dead hole. :eek:

Used a boroscope to check it out (cyl 6) & the piston /cyl wall looks to be in good shape. Did a dry compression check I got 25 psi Then I put oil in it & got 35psi. All the other cylinders had good compression. So I yanked a valve cover & made sure the valves weren't binding. The springs/ valves/ pushrods were all in decent shape but I have a consistent rattle sound sounds like a motor when you're lugging it in a high gear at low RPM.

Now today on the way to work it started smoking like the car on spy hunter.
So I took off the filler cap & was waiting to feel a whole crap load of blow by, but to my suprise & total confusion I have VACUUM!!! Very slight but I have vacuum... I took a paper towel & wiped inside the tail pipe & there is ALOT of oil in the exhuast. So then I check oil level & all my oil is gone...

Can someone shed some light on all of this!!!

THANKS
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like ring collaps. It should not have used up ALL the oil though. Sounds like you have a second failure as well. Is there any oil in the coolant?

Spy hunter was a Kool 80's video game!!

I did see a couple bubles of something not sure it it was coolant though... it wasn't signifigant enough to identify.

There's no oil on the dip stick now & there were oil droplets blowing out of the tail pipe.It's ALOT of oil....

Thanks
Mike

Usually when people say a "rattle" sound when you lug the motor I think detonation. Have seen this (my experience was from 2 separate genius friends running with WAY to much advance and/or crap gas) lead to a nice quarter size hole in the top of a piston on two occasions which dumped quite a nice amount of oil out the tailpipes but yeah a ring would also do this but I would think you would see some evidence of this on the cylinder walls and don't know if it would dump that much oil ( I know when I've broke rings my cylinder walls didn't look pretty)