Need Help,car Died And Wont Start

Holik95

Aug 14, 2005
Granite City,IL
I was out racing and winning. It was an Eagle Talon that was turbo charged and he was running about 24lbs of boost. But anyway back to my problem. We was getting ready to race from a stop I had the rpm's at 1500 and as soon as i let the clutch out and floored it, the car raised and died. It will turn over but not start. It has been running lean at higher rpm's. What are the damages of running lean? Did i really mess something up? I haven't check to see if its getting fuel or spark but when i turn the key you can hear the fuel pump.

• Sponsors (?)

There is not much we can help with till you provide more info. I would check spark and injector pulsing and FP, as you indicated. Codes can be good too.

If this just happened, it will be interesting to see if it starts tomorrow (or later).

Running lean and racing is not good. But it should not have caused the car to not start.

Good luck.

Well i checked the fuel pressure today and its good. I also checked for spark and thats the problem. I replaced the coil and module and it still will not start. I am starting to think its the distributor. Is an aftermarket distributor worth getting or should i get a stock one?

Do you have injector pulsing? You can use a noid light to test for this (parts stores sell them on about any day but today :D for a few bucks). If you dont have spark or injector pulsing, the PIP was the likely candidate right from the start (it is responsible for base spark and injector timing).

Good luck.