Need HELP! Check Engine Light is on aftermarket Air Intake

I have a 1994 Mustang GT I just installed an Aftermarket BBK cold air intake. My car is in storage for the winter so I can't drive it but since I installed the intake the car seems to run fine but the check engine light is on. I don't know what to do to put it in simplest terms. Im thinkin it may be something with the mass air flow sensor?

Does anyone know any idea's on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks alot guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Did you check to make sure you hooked up the vacuum line back up. I know there is a big one that hooks up to the stock one.

Run the codes, and see what you get. Here is a link on how to do it without a code scanner.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/445.shtml

Post back after you run the codes or your fix the problem.

BTW, if the CEL light is on all the time, you messed up something. Don't drive it until you run the codes.

You could have forgot to hook up the IAT/MAF wires. That would set off a code.

Not sure that this is your problem, but something to consider.

The IAT needs to be indexed correctly so the air flows through the 'C' shaped piece. Perhaps a bad IAT not installed correctly could push the reading out of the computer's 'normal' range and trigger a MIL. You may have not got the code before when the IAT was indexed correctly. This sensor (when bad or installed incorrectly) can be the source of pinging. Have any problem with pinging?

Rick

mo_dingo said:
Did you check to make sure you hooked up the vacuum line back up. I know there is a big one that hooks up to the stock one.

Run the codes, and see what you get. Here is a link on how to do it without a code scanner.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/445.shtml

Post back after you run the codes or your fix the problem.

BTW, if the CEL light is on all the time, you messed up something. Don't drive it until you run the codes.

You could have forgot to hook up the IAT/MAF wires. That would set off a code.

Just go in AutoZone , and ask for FREE check engine light

Next step

Thanks guys I will try that and check back. I hooked a single hose up to the new intake but the stock intake had a 3 plug connector type cord; the new intake when I installed the cord I only found 2 connector points; now that I think of it that may be the problem too. Car is stored for the cold MN winter here so I wont drive it for awhile but I need to get that light off. I'll take a look at those codes and check some stuff and check back.

Thanks