Need Help Deciding On New Mustang

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
I just left the dealership. Test drove the ecoboost and the gt. Both felt so fast, compared to my supercharged fox they handle like a supercar. I guess what I'm asking is advice on which to get. It would be a weekend car. What kind of power can the ecoboost make with some mods?

• Sponsors (?)

If you're already thinking of modding the Ecoboost, then that should tell you right there it's not going to be enough car for you. The truth is, you'll never pull the power levels out of an Ecoboost that you will out of the 5.0L, nor will you do it for a comparable price.

If playing around in the corners is most important to you, then go with the Ecoboost. If you're looking for more grunt in s straight line, go with the 5.0L

If you're happy with the handling of the 5.0L, then it should be a no brainer.

In any case, I can't believe you'd think the Ecoboost feels faster than your supercharged Fox body. They're only a high-13-second car on a good day. I can't believe your Fox isn't quicker than that?

No. My car is faster... period. But for handle the ecoboost is impressive to say the least. I have read that with small mods intake, exhaust, tune. They make 350hp and 450tq. That is impressive for the price for sure.

No. My car is faster... period. But for handle the ecoboost is impressive to say the least. I have read that with small mods intake, exhaust, tune. They make 350hp and 450tq. That is impressive for the price for sure.

Isn't the ecoboost only around 5k cheaper than the gt? Stock the gt generally makes around 360-370whp. Strap on a used centri for a few thousand bucks and you're easily in the mid 500whp range. That's impressive to me, and really not that much more money on the initial purchase price. Plus, it sounds way better doing it.

I had a 2013 gt and it was a sweet car, the modular 5.0 is an awesome engine.