Need help deciding on next mod

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Well ive pretty much narrowed my next mod down to either being lt's or vt1 cams. I cant afford to do both but I know the cams would be a lot more expensive considering the tune and everything.

Question is should i go ahead and get lt's or save up a little more and get cams?

• Sponsors (?)

Crzyhrse said:
If it was me, I'd do the LT's first. Clear the entire passageway for the the cams.
QFT
depending on how extreme of a cam you get, you would def need L/Ts anyway. plus the cams will be that much more impressive anyway after the tubes

A nice set of LT's cost as much as cams and install is a PITA so it should be a toss up cost wise (except for xcal/chip)
I'd do the cams first unless you plan on getting your heads P&P'd then i'd wait. Tough choice.

hmm well maybe ill just go ahead and get the lt's out of the way. Cams would be cool but i think id end up spending around 1300 on that including the tune.

With the lt's i think id have someone else install them for me, i dont feel like dealing with them seeing as how everyone here says how much of a pita they are to install. So id be spending another 300-500 on install

Jackie Chan said:
blow up doll with tazer cooch

i would do stage 2 cams and wait on longtubes. there are a few with the 2's in stock heads and manifolds that make 300rwhp

if i did stage 2 cams would i need to upgrade valve springs? What else would i have to upgrade? Fuel pump?

Also how 'extreme' of a cam are the stage 2's, Im looking at keeping my car very streetable which is why i was lookin at the stage 1's

i know plenty of people with stock injectors with 300rwhp. so your fuel should be fine. streetability will be as good as your tune. There are a few with them in stock heads. Of course lts will be a great mod down the road as well. Valve springs, well you might as well throw them on while your doing it.(and 2's call for them)

cool well i think ill probably do lt's just because i think i want to leave my heads and cams untouched since i rely on it for transportation.

Cams will come after i graduate college in a year :)