Need help finding 2000 Mustang GT EFI Wiring Harness

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by 2000, Aug 31, 2010.

1. 2000

2000 New Member

Finally got my 1st Stang, 2000 Convertable GT, and now it's miss-firing... looked under the hood EFI Wiring Harness has wire damage and brittle near the connector before the 3rd cylinder coilpack. I've tried calling around and can't find one as Ford says it's discontinued, tried looking online without luck. Where can I get another harness? Was always a Dodge Guy, but now that I've fell in love with the Mustang I've hit this road block!! Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  2. wmburns

wmburns SN Certified Technician

Welcome.

Try searching car-part.com. The web site is a searchable list of parts from member salvage yards in your area.

How are your wiring skills? For example, if you had a wiring harness from a different car with the same connectors, do you have the skill to cut the connectors from one and splice it to another?

Send me a PM if interested. I may be able to help.

Also, did you try purchasing just the COP connector from Ford. An entire wiring harness can be a big deal. Is there other damage?

This post may get more attention if in the SN95-4.6 area. Perhaps the mod can move.