Need help finding EEC

Brokecobra

Aug 14, 2003
I just got a new chip from Fordchips and I cant find the EEC on my 96 cobra. I though they where in the passanger side under the carpet but mine does not appear to be there. Checking on the Fordchip site it says that they can be in different locations. Anyone have any idea?

• Sponsors (?)

In passenger side, see the bolt holding that plastic piece in place? Un-do it, pull that whole plastic part aside. There's the computer! Un-do another bolt or two, wiggle it out, and there ya go.

Remember to clean the connectors (on the actual computer) extremely well or the chip will do nothing. Also remember to disconnect the battery before doing any of this.

I removed the carpet and the plastic piece by the door. I see some wire bundles and behing them I see what looks like a silver case, looks like a computer harddrive. I am assuming that the silver case is the computer, is that correct?

Brokecobra said:
I removed the carpet and the plastic piece by the door. I see some wire bundles and behing them I see what looks like a silver case, looks like a computer harddrive. I am assuming that the silver case is the computer, is that correct?

Yep - thats the EEC. Make sure you disconnect the battery first. Then you'll have a little screw that holds the plastic guard to remove, then gently slide out the EEC and unbolt that massive wiring harnass. I find it easier to pull it out first then undo the screw instead of trying to do it in place

peace