need help finding some good tires

• Sponsors (?)

thank you. to keep rpms down some that why I looking at larger size when I get my 3.70 installed

That would almost defeat the purpose of having the gears installed, especially with such a tall gear. I run 4.10s with 335/35/17s, and they are damn near stock height. My 315s were right on the money. If you're worried about cruising RPM or top speed, it's not that bad!

Now, ride quality on the other hand...

good point, guess I did not think that out enough. Is there a sticky or link on here about what a stock 96' should turn rpm wise at different speeds. Reason I am asking is I think that there might all ready be gears in the car as it is.

Also I was looking at having 3 set up's for rear tires, one for drag strip, one for long drives for better mpg, and one for regular daily use. I know it might seem a bit silly but I usually put a lot of miles on the car and find good deals here and there on stuff is why I was thinking a long those lines.

You are overestimating the effect gears have on mpg. Just get a set of track wheels/tires and a set for the road.

I have 4.10s and a 4R70W and get 25mpg on the highway. I noticed no change from the 3.27s.:shrug:

good point, guess I did not think that out enough. Is there a sticky or link on here about what a stock 96' should turn rpm wise at different speeds. Reason I am asking is I think that there might all ready be gears in the car as it is.

Also I was looking at having 3 set up's for rear tires, one for drag strip, one for long drives for better mpg, and one for regular daily use. I know it might seem a bit silly but I usually put a lot of miles on the car and find good deals here and there on stuff is why I was thinking a long those lines.

I've been considering grabbing a set of taller tires on some 15" wheels just for longer road trips. Taller tires make one HELL of a difference as far as ride quality is concerned. I've also ran a 26" tall slick out back at the track before. It's not such a terrible idea to have extra sets for the car like that if you've got the extra dough and do drive it that much.