need help finishing engine build

okay, so I have an 88 5.0 and I had it rebuilt at a local engine shop. They put in new crank bearings, pistons, rings, had it bored .030 over and it also had an F cam, and mildly ported explore intake and heads. I'm just wondering if the car will run on the stock tune and with being a speed density car. Also will the stock injectors be able to handle the load. The rest of my fuel system is also stock. thanks in advance for the help!

• Sponsors (?)

You should be fine with a stock tune and fuel system, however the Fcam may be a little temperamental with the SD set-up. I see a MAF conversion in your future.....

I would suggest a larger intank fuel pump if you still have the stock 110, a 190 would be a good choice.

You should be fine with a stock tune and fuel system, however the Fcam may be a little temperamental with the SD set-up. I see a MAF conversion in your future.....

I would suggest a larger intank fuel pump if you still have the stock 110, a 190 would be a good choice.

Okay, but why is it that you suggest a larger fuel pump but keep the stock injectors? Are the stock injectors able to out perform the stock fuel system? Just trying to gain some knowledge, not question you or anything, ha.

Okay, but why is it that you suggest a larger fuel pump but keep the stock injectors? Are the stock injectors able to out perform the stock fuel system? Just trying to gain some knowledge, not question you or anything, ha.

Short answer: yea. You can always *cheat* and bump up the fuel pressure with an aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator to get the injectors to flow more fuel. Can't cheat the fuel pump, though. Better "more than enough" than "not enough" with a fuel pump.

Short answer: yea. You can always *cheat* and bump up the fuel pressure with an aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator to get the injectors to flow more fuel. Can't cheat the fuel pump, though. Better "more than enough" than "not enough" with a fuel pump.

:nice: That was my thought exactly