Need help found something in oil pan!!!!

PI98stang

Jan 17, 2006
Paoli indiana
Hey guys my 99 cobra motor started making a deep knocking sound a while back so I parked it and tore into it today and found that there were NO rod bearings that had been spun but i did find like a ball check valve sort of thing in the oil pan along with a small retainer like clip that fits the stub on the other piece pretty well but the clip is broken in two the check valve is in the pic below but my camera sucks so heres a hopefully good description, it looks like the positive end of a AA battery and is about the same size as well its got like a stud sticking out with a spring and a ball inside of it and the outside ring is made of plastic the other side of it is all plastic except a small hole in the center in which you can see the ball, the plastic on this side is spiraled from the outside of it to the inside hole and the ball, its looks to be some type of a check valve or relief valve, has anyone heard of this and is this why this things knocking the motor has about 3500 miles on it and its a ford reman engine, so if anyone can help me please do so. Thanks

Attachments

• carpics 005.jpg
    carpics 005.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Sponsors (?)