NEED Help from my fellow stangers!

I've got to drop the oil pan on my 02 mustang gt, what is the best way to do this? I've heard of two ways, drop the K member or try and raise the engine up (4 inches) until the pans comes free. This is my only car and a daily driver so I need to get it back on the road as quick as possible. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Thad

• Sponsors (?)

gtblack02 said:
I've got to drop the oil pan on my 02 mustang gt, what is the best way to do this? I've heard of two ways, drop the K member or try and raise the engine up (4 inches) until the pans comes free. This is my only car and a daily driver so I need to get it back on the road as quick as possible. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Thad
That is correct, you have to raise the engine to remove the oil pan.

To make a long story short I was changing the fluid/filter in my transmission and when I was lowering the car with my hydraulic jack the teeth slipped and the jack caught the bottom of the oil pan. :bang: Now before you say anything, I know your suppose to jack the car from the notches on the underside of the car on the sides, but I think thats a horrible place to jack a car when your using a hydraulic shop jack. It works ok for the hand jack that comes with your spare tire. For some reason the jacking point that ford say's you should use just doesn't seem strong enough it seems like the car starts to dent at the notches maybe its just me. Well so much for a short story! Thanks for the info I'll try and lift the engine, just hope I don't have to remove to much from the engine in order to get it high enough.