Need Help ..... Have a Draw Somewhere

Yeah, I pulled all fuses.

The only thing I can think of right now is the keyless entry I installed a while back. But if that's it, I didn't have problems with it for a LONG time. So that doesn't really make sense. Maybe I have a wire down there grounding itself out, though. All I can do is check .....

• Sponsors (?)

BlueOvalStangGT said:
I would start pulling wiring harnesses and then see if you still have a draw. Like the engine->firewall plug. Or maybe check/unplug hte fusible link near the fuse box in the engine bay.

Sounds like another good idea.

What are you referring to when you say "fusible link near fuse box"?

Justin, I havent any idea what our friend means either. A little elaboration might help.

Frog, do you know Chris? I think he's from your town. :shrug:

frog do you mean the dist. box? the only connection before that one is the 12v going into it.

seventy...did you check all the engine grounds? there's one near the timing cover and two behind the lower intake. I assume you've checked relays along with the fuses.

It sounds like a bad ground to me :shrug:

Therian said:
It sounds like a bad ground to me :shrug:

You think so? I know the one at the front of the engine is good. I just pepped it up recently when I was screwing around with my OP sender. I'll check the 2 rear one's .... and may even replace them with some better grounds.

I've found that starting it once a day keeps the battery from going dead. I wish I could find this gremlin.

Frog, in my question that you quoted .... I was really kinda asking "what all is there to check .... before resorting to the fuse box" .... such as alternator, starter, etc.

if you get the car started drive it over to advance auto parts. have them hook it up. then they will tell you to turn the key to on then back to off then back to on then back to off then start. then if something it wrong it will pull up codes. that may help. it worked for our ranger when it would only start when it wanted to.
give it a try. but have someone go with you in case the car don't want to start back up. someone who can tow you back for say.