Need help, Have almost no pedal with Cadillac rear disc..

They do work great but I have to bring the e-brak all the way up for it to even hold the car on the hill...even then it feels like it is slipping a little...

I am using the Motorsport cables, I adjusted the ebrake handle cable, and it's pulling on the levers of the calipers.

The handle I tack welded to the 3rd tooth from like on your site, and cut off that little tab thing.

• Sponsors (?)

readjust the arm on the caliper itself that will help. you have done everything else that I did. after adjusting the arms, it was able to get it working pretty close to normal. maybe needed about 10* more to get the same holding, but worked great.

Which way do I relocate the arm? To the front, or to the rear? I'm thinking front....

So just rotate it about 10* then?

Oh yeah, almost forgot, the e-brake handle cable, it hits my driveshaft sometimes, does it have ot be cut or something? I have an Aluminum driveshaft. For no i just put a rubber tube over it, and not it squeals instead of grinding, I put a zip tie on the cable to a tab where the cable goes into the interior, and that didn't move it upwards much...

BlackFox5.0 said:
Which way do I relocate the arm? To the front, or to the rear? I'm thinking front....

So just rotate it about 10* then?

Oh yeah, almost forgot, the e-brake handle cable, it hits my driveshaft sometimes, does it have ot be cut or something? I have an Aluminum driveshaft. For no i just put a rubber tube over it, and not it squeals instead of grinding, I put a zip tie on the cable to a tab where the cable goes into the interior, and that didn't move it upwards much...

Forward. the arm goes on a 6 point head there. So move it by once point I guess you could call it.

For the DS, yes the larger FMS makes things tight. You will need to get a long pipe or prybar of sorts. Then with the frame on stands, take a jack, put the bar from the end of the DS tunnel under the cams to the jack. Then slowly jack it up so that you push those cams up closer to the floorboard. Do it SLOWLY and to both sides. Do not break them! Do it slow.

Then you will need to adjust the Ebrake and cut off the excess threads. Be sure to leave about 10 threads so that you can undo the unit later if needed.