Need help making decision

MyBloodRunsBlue

Feb 1, 2007
Ok well here is my question...I was originally going to buy a new procharger p1sc for around 4600 plus tune, installation, and gauges roughly coming out to be 6500. But recently I have found out that i am going to be a father (hopefully a son) and i don't have the luxury of spending that much. A buddy of mine is selling his vortech w/ aftercooler, spark plugs, injectors, fuel pump, gauges, etc. off of his 98 GT. The supercharger has around 40-50k on it...Will it fit my 01 GT and is it worth it? He is selling all of that stuff i listed for 3000....If i bought it I would get the supercharger rebuilt for around 300-500 and i would also get it dyno tuned and my buddies are installing it. So I would be saving roughly 2500...If it was your GT, and you were having a kid, would you do it? do you think the supercharger and the other parts will hold up after already going through 40-50k miles???

OR

would you just save up and buy the procharger? i have another 6 months till the baby is born.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok well here is my question...I was originally going to buy a new procharger p1sc for around 4600 plus tune, installation, and gauges roughly coming out to be 6500. But recently I have found out that i am going to be a father (hopefully a son) and i don't have the luxury of spending that much. A buddy of mine is selling his vortech w/ aftercooler, spark plugs, injectors, fuel pump, gauges, etc. off of his 98 GT. The supercharger has around 40-50k on it...Will it fit my 01 GT and is it worth it? He is selling all of that stuff i listed for 3000....If i bought it I would get the supercharger rebuilt for around 300-500 and i would also get it dyno tuned and my buddies are installing it. So I would be saving roughly 2500...If it was your GT, and you were having a kid, would you do it? do you think the supercharger and the other parts will hold up after already going through 40-50k miles???

OR

would you just save up and buy the procharger? i have another 6 months till the baby is born.

It won't fit your car with out getting new hardware such as new bracket, intake, etc. You would be better off buying a kit made for your year car. You can find used kits for cheap if you look hard enough. I get EVERYTHING expect a fuel pump and tune for $2000, including a front mount intercooler.

I would spend the money now before you have your kid lol...cause soon you won't have any extra $$ laying around